Yes, it is most likely your fault your Glock doesn't work

Bren

You know the cool thing about the Glock? You can change anything you want on it, easily, and there are a bazillion options available....and it's nobody's damn business what you want to do with it. Your Glock, your choice. End of story.

You do not need Gun forum ex-spurts' approval.

Ex=had beens

Spurts=drips under pressure

LOL

:cheerleader:

Edited by JJHNSN

I have only ever owned one Glock, but after years of lurking on gun forums, I've noticed a pattern.  "My Glock isn't working" is often followed by "I only changed a couple of things . . . " I've always figured that the engineers who designed something probably know more about keeping it running than I do, so I leave 'em be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bingo... many mechanical failures with a Glock are self-induced and often have to do with swapping parts on and off the stock trigger group. In other words, if you are going to tinker and mess around, you do so at your own risk. I like to "trick out" my range/fun gun Glocks, no harm no fouls, but for SD and EDC and serious use: the only thing I will swap out are the sights, everything else is stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Disagree on BTF.  I've had several Glocks that did not have the issue. My G19G3 did, so I sent it to Smyrna.  Glock sent me back a new gun and it doesn't have that issue.  If it was me then it would certainly be an issue with my replacement G19 or my other Glocks.  Also, I doubt Glock would have sent me a new gun if the old one worked properly.  My Glocks are all stock.

Edited by Kilo Oscar

I get the OP' s position. I haven't had that experience though. I was issued a g37 several years ago. Most had stovepipe jams when the guns were new, but that went away. Then we were issued g21 gen 4. Absolute nightmare of unreliability, some random dead triggers, broken ejectors. Our department dropped it less than a year later.

I switch every handgun to Trijicon night sights immediately after purchase. I like consistency there. Everything else is stock. I can either shoot it well or I am screwing something up on my end. Seen too many range heros complain about their bad habits and I have quit even stepping on the land mine. 

• 9 months later...

All mine are/have been reliable both before and after internal changes/modifications I've made. Admittedly, any changes I make are minimal, frequently only a connector change. I strive to improve the gun to fit my personal preferences, not to fix anything, as nothing in a stock Glock needs fixing. I shoot both my competition and carry guns a lot, both to maintain proficiency and insure reliability. I too believe most handgun problems are shooter induced. 

s45

What people do with their own guns and their own money is their business. If someone screws up their gun it's their problem to figure out. If they come here to ask questions I don't have such a high and mighty attitude that I won't try to help them out if I can. Even if they come here to whine about Glock... well, that's their problem too. Big deal, the sky won't fall.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If people did not buy after market parts for their Glocks most of the threads on GT and this site would disappear. Apparently a large segment of the Glock fanbase buy Glocks because they can tinker with them.

I have enough handguns that I am agnostic on the issue. My CZs are Cajun Gun Works modded range toys. My Glocks run from competition (G34), range toy (G19), to SD (G42 & G43). The 42 and 43 internals remain stock.

I too disagree on the BTF problem. Had that problem on my 19 G3. Replaced the G3 ejector with the G4 ejector, works fine now. I have also experienced problems with some of my Glock magazines. My original G42 #01 and #02 magazines had to be replaced by Glock with #03 magazines and two of my G19 magazines needed new/different Glock followers. Not earth shattering problems but I remain open to the notion that Glock makes mistakes.

Since it's a new forum, I wanted to start the Glock section off right, before all the newbs show up to complain that even with all of their home-gunsmithing improvements, replacement parts and the trigger job they learned from YouTube, they still have problems with their Glock and there is no explanation except Glock quality control failing.

1. Limpwristing is a real thing and can happen with any semi-auto. basically, your grip is so bad, you absorb the recoil energy the slide needs to fully cycle, so you have malfunctions. Get hotter ammo, a lighter recoil spring or, god forbid, a better grip.

2. Brass to face is caused by limpwristing, just not quite bad enough to cause a malfunction. Get hotter ammo, a lighter recoil spring or, god forbid, a better grip. You may disguise the problem with changes to the extractor or ejector, but your bad grip is still there.

3. A $.25 trigger job only costs $.25 until you have to buy a new trigger bar to replace the one you screwed up.

4. A polished trigger and light connector are a big help to your shooting...if you are pulling the trigger its full length of travel for each shot. On the other hand, if you are doing that, you are doing it wrong, so training would be better. Once you have training, you may find that a standard connector and stock trigger make it easier to stop the trigger at the break point and hold it there.

5. Stippling - reduces the resale/trade value of your gun and wouldn't be needed if you learned a proper grip (see ! and 2). If you really need a rougher grip, buy some skateboard grip tape - better and you can easily remove and replace it, with no permanent damage.

6. No, your Glock doesn't need a safety - if you don't want it to shoot, don't pull the trigger and it won't (this advice does not apply to Sig P320s). Also, sticking little foam things behind the trigger probably makes you more likely to have a ND, while you play with your trigger, not less likely.

Probably a lot more I'll think of later.

6. Shooting left is a shooter problem, not a gun problem. (Even though some Range Officer says you aren’t doing anything wrong.)

Back to the OP's post I agree with everything, but I could never limp wrist a steel frame 9mm. I've tried on several steel guns the round is too fast. I never even knew you could limp wrist a 9 mm till I shot a Glock with my weak, girly wrists.

Maybe you have and maybe you own a POS.