Jackson Hole Wyoming

crockett

I'm inclined to make a trip to Jackson Hole over the Christmas days into new year, for a week or so, with my minivan camper, and get a room once I arrive.

This is the most Christmas like town I can imagine. At times I watch a couple live streams on YouTube late at night. It looks especially beautiful once the snow comes down.

Have any of you been in Jackson Hole?

christmas-village-683x1024.jpg

vjh-fact-sheet-antlers.jpg

AdobeStock_89983262.jpg

Live stream:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lazy R said:

Driven in snow much?

For 3 decades. 

3 hours ago, DAKA said:

What makes you think you can even get a room...

Travel is still down from covid, many rather stay at home. Rooms close to the center are available for 230 plus.

• Like 2

I haven't been to JH since 1980.  My folks, my wife and I flew to JH from Indy.  I remember the air port at Jackson was tiny and the short runway made landing exciting.  We spent a week at a Dude Ranch, riding horses, fly fishing, rafting down the river.  On our return to the airport I saw none other then Henry Winkler, recently of the Fonz character at the airport coffee shop, sitting at a table by himself.  He suddenly jumped up and ran to get to his flight.  Not one person said a word to him.  

I bet JH is beautiful in winter.  

Good luck.  Have a safe trip.  

Worth a visit. Beautiful town, and the paradise of the Tetons just outside of town. Recommend the Gun Barrel for dinner. The Idaho side of the Tetons is beautiful farmland, but I doubt the pass is open this time of year. As mentioned, Jackson is not a cheap town. Safe travels!