How to prevent ramming attacks....

kerbie18

4 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

Myself, and my superiors are looking for ideas to prevent ramming attacks. As previously noted in my last thread, we used well placed dump trucks with good results. And by good results, nobody rammed my innocent people that night, so yay we won that night, woo hoo.

What I didn't mention is we also placed our very own take home poilice cars in the way of rammers, in some cases several cars deep. We even had lesser paid employees, such as school crossing guards, even leave their personal cars as cannon fodder blocking the road for a ramming attack. This is, to say the least, less than ideal. 

Yep, ramming attacks are a total learning curve for us. We are trying to adapt. We have adapted a lot to ramming attacks, but not enough. Reasonable! suggestions are much loved. 

Just so you know, killing everyone with a sniper rifle is the opposite of a reasonable suggestion. 

You can't put up barriers everywhere. What we need is to educate people. Make them see that the Dems are causing all this hate and divide for political gain. All those criminals attacking people over a race are inspired by the false narrative pushed by the left wing media and big tech social media platforms. The revolving jail door policy is also pushed by Dems. Make them stop voting for the Dems so we can reunite in peace while putting away criminals properly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, tous said:

Dang it, amigo.

Now I'm sitting here with my slide rule calculating what volume of water and at what pressure one needs to stop a Ford SUV traveling at 30  miles per hour.

:biggrin:

You want to know something crazy?

I designed a system that moved water at a certain volume to a very high elevation for a remote irrigation project. That was the easy part. Next I thought "Does a hose that can handle that pressure even exist?" It had to be hose to fit with the project concept, also because it was lifted and carried into place with a helicopter.

It does! Our oil and gas drilling industry is full of useful surprises. Next I needed a pump. Again the oil and gas industry had stuff sitting on shelves waiting to be sold.

Last I needed to know what size engine. Measly 2000hp.

Had to shoehorn that whole package into a jet boat that on plane could draft no more than 6" Had to cable it to shore when the pump was drafting.

That sucker could stop a truck, at least a small one, if you could get a truck to the edge of the river. :supergrin:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, crockett said:

You can't put up barriers everywhere. What we need is to educate people. Make them see that the Dems are causing all this hate and divide for political gain. All those criminals attacking people over a race are inspired by the false narrative pushed by the left wing media and big tech social media platforms. The revolving jail door policy is also pushed by Dems. Make them stop voting for the Dems so we can reunite in peace while putting away criminals properly.

I concur to an extent, but I have never subscribed to the search for a motive when irrational acts of violence occur.

For the evil bastard in Wisconsin or the malevolent child in Michigan, I don't give a damn why they committed such heinous acts, what beliefs or philosophies led them to consider murder of innocent fellow humans as justified.

As I suggested, one can believe what one will, but the moment you maliciously harm another person or an animal, society has the duty and obligation to stop you and make you pay a price.

If a bully is never challenged, their aggression will increase, no?

Consider the words of Raymond Chandler, especially the second paragraph.  I consider it one of the best things ever written:

Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. He is the hero; he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor—by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.

“He will take no man’s money dishonestly and no man’s insolence without a due and dispassionate revenge. He is a lonely man and his pride is that you will treat him as a proud man or be very sorry you ever saw him.

“The story is this man’s adventure in search of a hidden truth, and it would be no adventure if it did not happen to a man fit for adventure. If there were enough like him, the world would be a very safe place to live in, without becoming too dull to be worth living in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tous said:

I concur to an extent, but I have never subscribed to the search for a motive when irrational acts of violence occur.

For the evil bastard in Wisconsin or the malevolent child in Michigan, I don't give a damn why they committed such heinous acts, what beliefs or philosophies led them to consider murder of innocent fellow humans as justified.

As I suggested, one can believe what one will, but the moment you maliciously harm another person or an animal, society has the duty and obligation to stop you and make you pay a price.

If a bully is never challenged, their aggression will increase, no?

Consider the words of Raymond Chandler, especially the second paragraph.  I consider it one of the best things ever written:

Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. He is the hero; he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor—by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.

“He will take no man’s money dishonestly and no man’s insolence without a due and dispassionate revenge. He is a lonely man and his pride is that you will treat him as a proud man or be very sorry you ever saw him.

“The story is this man’s adventure in search of a hidden truth, and it would be no adventure if it did not happen to a man fit for adventure. If there were enough like him, the world would be a very safe place to live in, without becoming too dull to be worth living in.

Those acts are not irrational for the attackers. They act one what they have learned, on the news, social media, you name it.

--

All good, but it needs a critical mass of men to have an effect. Any such "movement" would be called domestic terrorists by, you guessed it, the acting left. Only 2 ways to get to a point of resolution: educate, and if people don't want that, the pain needs to become so bad that enough are willing to stand up. By that time it may be too late due to loss of rights.

There are two kinds of pain in this world. The pain that hurts, the pain that alters. Dem voters are far away from any altering pain. As a matter of facts, they are now doing better through more handouts and getting away with more crimes.

• Like 4

Have you guys learned nothing? The obvious answer is to ban cars.

Barring that, we can create no-car zones. Next step is to sue the car manufacturers out of business. 

What happened in Kenosha, tragic as it is, should serve to educate the public on the reality of cost-benefit analysis. (It won't though...)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

What just happened?  A directed EMP?  I feel like I'm living in a D&D game now.

Sort of. But it doesn't fry the electronics like an EMP.

It messes up, temporarily, the electronics. Sort of an overload. Vehicle stops, then handle the driver.

These things have been around since 2013(?). Cost has gone way down. But still a lot cheaper to just shoot them, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

solution has existed for Years.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/ithacas-roadblocker-special-purpose-police-shotgun

roadblocker.jpg.0b96075d110d87d9d2088743defc6e21.jpg

as shitty as it sounds 2 Cruisers blocking either end of the route with Mag 10s, Fire Trucks Ambulances Etc. Blocking any other means of entry by side streets

Rollers on Parade setting for the Kids Entertainment.

seems an Economical and Convenient way as everything is available and already in use.

You do realize that cops who shotgun people, especially black people, will be put on trial for murder? 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

You do realize that cops who shotgun people, especially black people, will be put on trial for murder? 

Brings me back to voting Dems out. They created this pro criminal / anti police sentiment.

If I'd be a LEO, I'd refuse to work under a Dem Major or Dem Governor, period. I could never get that under one hat with my requirement for integrity.

How do you want to protect people walking to a huge store or hanging out at the beach? Those criminal shits will always find a group of unprotected people. If we don't fight the root cause, this will just keep happening.

Here an example. Guy killed 86 (not 6, EIGHTY SIX) people and injured 458 by plowing down a beach promenade. Do you want to put up barricades and a police presence along all beaches, malls and boardwalks? We would look like the Gaza Strip and only invite more terror. And who is going to pay for that? Not my tax dollars. If it gets to that point, I'm outta here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

What just happened?  A directed EMP?  I feel like I'm living in a D&D game now.

High intensity pulsed Microwave energy that disrupts solid state systems my essentially jamming them.

Give you an idea of the intensity available, a device developed at Oak Ridge Tennessee Atomic Energy facility was demonstrated to me, that could rip 6 inches of cured poured concrete off a structural surface using Microwave energy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, crockett said:

If I'd be a LEO, I'd refuse to work under a Dem Major or Dem Governor, period. I could never get that under one hat with my requirement for integrity

I've been working as a cop under Dem leadership for 19 years. You learn to watch your mouth, and pick your battles. It would be easy just to quit my job. It is better if I try to make a positive difference from the inside. 

Edited to add: You REALLY want a pro-second amendment cop when the balloon goes up some day....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I've been working as a cop under Dem leadership for 19 years. You learn to watch your mouth, and pick your battles. It would be easy just to quit my job. It is better if I try to make a positive difference from the inside. 

Edited to add: You REALLY want a pro-second amendment cop when the balloon goes up some day....

Good perspective! Thank you.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, kerbie18 said:

sadly i do.

but my initial point is to block the routes with cruisers and Emergency Vehicles.

but!

barring the Lunatic Fantasists and the New "Everything is Racism" Racism we do have to think Realistically and Realism says a Mag 10 will stop a moving Vehicle, not right away but hitting an Engine block will kill an Engine Dead.

The Officer in Waukesha is Hailed a Hero for capping the Engine on the bad guys SUV with a .40 and stopped it.

soon reality will dictate Actions and not the Moonbattery Voices of the Children.

• Like 1

image.jpeg.d556e28f764010a26915d9e79225c63b.jpeg
There is a need for traffic barriers in spots along the sidewalks, to give people cover. Something to use to save themselves. Just a big chunk of concrete placed where it can give cover.

image.jpeg.e257eb36a30faba9ebe0e27208cda049.jpeg

OK, Israel uses concrete boxes for sentries. And America is going to need a lot of concrete poured, to provide cover. I can just hear people hooting my idea down, but it needs to be done.

• Like 4

On 12/2/2021 at 12:38 PM, crockett said:

Brings me back to voting Dems out. They created this pro criminal / anti police sentiment.

If I'd be a LEO, I'd refuse to work under a Dem Major or Dem Governor, period. I could never get that under one hat with my requirement for integrity.

How do you want to protect people walking to a huge store or hanging out at the beach? Those criminal shits will always find a group of unprotected people. If we don't fight the root cause, this will just keep happening.

Here an example. Guy killed 86 (not 6, EIGHTY SIX) people and injured 458 by plowing down a beach promenade. Do you want to put up barricades and a police presence along all beaches, malls and boardwalks? We would look like the Gaza Strip and only invite more terror. And who is going to pay for that? Not my tax dollars. If it gets to that point, I'm outta here.

Where will you go? The Muslims are everywhere, or will be. They don’t need a truck, all they need is a butcher knife to kill 6 or 8 at a time.

But, they will use trucks in America also, just like they did in France. There isn’t anyway to stop them, and truck attacks can only be mitigated.

Here in America, at least there is a good chance that someone will put a .45 into the brain/ chest of any killer.

• Like 4