Festering petri dish....snot nosed kids

My nine year old has a runny nose now. She coughed once yesterday morning before I took her out to the bus. I made her blow her nose until nothing came out and drink some Triaminic so I wouldn't get called to come get her and have her out of school the rest of the week.

I slept in until 8:30 today as well. I normally get the kids on the bus at 8:20 so I jumped up in a frenzy. Luckily I hid my confusion as I made it to the living room and realized it was the wife's day off and she had gotten them on the bus. Oh, hey baby. Just going to get some coffee...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jfost11 said:

I slept in until 8:30 today as well. I normally get the kids on the bus at 8:20 so I jumped up in a frenzy. Luckily I hid my confusion as I made it to the living room and realized it was the wife's day off and she had gotten them on the bus. Oh, hey baby. Just going to get some coffee...

Ever head to work on your day off? 

48 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Head there?  I have one a number of ocassions found myself at work...by mistake...on a day off.   Only to be reminded that i have the day off.

I had Monday off and forgot and the boss needed a hand with something.  I didn't realize i worked a day off.

He banked it for me as comp time.   :)

16 minutes ago, Historian said:

Head there?  I have one a number of ocassions found myself at work...by mistake...on a day off.   Only to be reminded that i have the day off.

I had Monday off and forgot and the boss needed a hand with something.  I didn't realize i worked a day off.

He banked it for me as comp time.   :)

In Alaska where it's dark so much of the time in winter.....Friend went home, had a few shots of whiskey and fell asleep on his couch. Woke up several hours later and thought he had over slept. Hauled ass to work and the place was deserted. Yup, 9 pm.

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

At my pay rate, OT has been frowned upon for the last few years. We recently got a new department head and that has changed. But only because the weekday shifts are so far behind on their own work. Too bad for them that I don't really need the money and certainly don't want the aggravation.