I still have hope for humanity

kerbie18

So as most of you know, I'm obviously a police officer. I was forced to work overtime earlier today, because we are so short on police officers, that we actually have to force officers to work overtime against their will. Yep, it's gotten that bad at this point. 

We had a small group of Black Lives Matter protesters show up for our family oriented Christmas themed event. The BLM protesters were removed from the event, by myself, and my coworkers. Once BLM got removed, the crowd went back to enjoying the holiday festival.

As a uniformed police officer, the vast majority of people treated me like an absolute rock star. Little kids lined up to shake my hand or fist-bump me. It was obvious the vast majority of the crowd still appreciates the police. 

I still have hope for humanity after today.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

So as most of you know, I'm obviously a police officer. I was forced to work overtime earlier today, because we are so short on police officers, that we actually have to force officers to work overtime against their will. Yep, it's gotten that bad at this point. 

We had a small group of Black Lives Matter protesters show up for our family oriented Christmas themed event. The BLM protesters were removed from the event, by myself, and my coworkers. Once BLM got removed, the crowd went back to enjoying the holiday festival.

As a uniformed police officer, the vast majority of people treated me like an absolute rock star. Little kids lined up to shake my hand or fist-bump me. It was obvious the vast majority of the crowd still appreciates the police. 

THANK YOU FOR THE JOB YOU DO             My "temperament" would not work out well with your job... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Given recent events, we took special care to prepare for a ramming attack. We were extremely prepared for any attempt to ram the holiday crowd.

It turns out our anti ramming efforts actually blocked Santa himself. It took us a good 10 minutes to get Santa past our anti ramming efforts

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Given recent events, we took special care to prepare for a ramming attack. We were extremely prepared for any attempt to ram the holiday crowd.

It turns out our anti ramming efforts actually blocked Santa himself. It took us a good 10 minutes to get Santa past our anti ramming efforts

Blocks of concrete?

11 hours ago, DAKA said:

THANK YOU FOR THE JOB YOU DO             My "temperament" would not work out well with your job... 

Oh it would work out fantastic, but those snowflakes would cry a river over their criminal brothers and sisters being pulled out and run over.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I was thinking .50 cal but probably concrete barriers.  There really are some dangerous messed up people out there.  

Watch your six, go home to your family at the end of every shift.  Glad those folks there appreciate what you do.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

God bless you brother, stay safe.

It surely does feel good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I hated forced OT. It was rampant in EMS, and may still be.

Don't believe everything you hear on the TV. I'm sure there is hate and discontent in places, but bay and large, PD is still an honorable pursuit, appreciated by most.

Remember the ones selling the panic are also selling the cure and neither is real for the most part.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, crockett said:

Blocks of concrete?

dump trucks. well placed dump trucks. Only problem is that nobody bothered to teach cops how to drive dump trucks, or leave us the keys to the dump trucks...so that quickly turned into a cluster ****....

• Haha 7

The worst form of tyranny the world has ever known is tyranny of the weak over the strong.  It is the only tyranny that lasts.

Oscar Wilde

The good, decent , honorable people are powerless against the liars, cheaters and violent.

Young'uns may think that communist mayors watching BLM and Antifa burn their cities is novel, but those of us alive in the 1960s well remember Detroit and Los Angeles, New York City, Birmingham and Tampa, Cincinnati and Atlanta and Newark burning whilst the feckless mayors and governors watched and did nothing.  Those all occurred from 1963 to 1968.

The solution to anarchy at that time was to give the rioters and looters truckloads of taxpayer money and government freebie programs.

Government, supposedly constituted to protect the life, property and liberties of the honest citizen has instead become the willing accomplice to anarchy and ultimate despotism.

If you do not resist anarchy, you simply get more anarchy.

If you do not impede crime, you simply get more crime.

To paraphrase Billy Jack, When policemen (governments) break the law, then there isn't any law. Just a fight for survival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, tous said:

The worst form of tyranny the world has ever known is tyranny of the weak over the strong.  It is the only tyranny that lasts.

Oscar Wilde

The good, decent , honorable people are powerless against the liars, cheaters and violent.

Young'uns may think that communist mayors watching BLM and Antifa burn their cities is novel, but those of us alive in the 1960s well remember Detroit and Los Angeles, New York City, Birmingham and Tampa, Cincinnati and Atlanta and Newark burning whilst the feckless mayors and governors watched and did nothing.  Those all occurred from 1963 to 1968.

The solution to anarchy at that time was to give the rioters and looters truckloads of taxpayer money and government freebie programs.

Government, supposedly constituted to protect the life, property and liberties of the honest citizen has instead become the willing accomplice to anarchy and ultimate despotism.

If you do not resist anarchy, you simply get more anarchy.

If you do not impede crime, you simply get more crime.

To paraphrase Billy Jack, When policemen (governments) break the law, then there isn't any law. Just a fight for survival.

Good to see you pardner. This galoot appreciates you. Thanks for the Oscar Wilde tidbit. :599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Thanks 1

Talking about hope for humanity, I was driving around in my minivan late last night and listing to my ems / police scanner. Usually not much is happening around my neck, but around midnight a shooting was reported and units from 3 agencies came flying in. I showed up as well and watched from a distance.

Some suspect emptied a couple magazines into a house with a woman and 3 kids sleeping inside. The female and 2 kids got shot. So far they survived.

I swear, this racial divide pushed by the dirty Dems encourages certain people to carry out these ghetto attacks!

So my hope for humanity is on an all time low. If the Dems stay in power, the nation is fucked, for good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, crockett said:

If the Dems stay in power,

There are no more legitimate elections.

Stalin called the tune when he stated, Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.

I am reasonably certain that he did not say it in English.  Probably Russian.  Doesn't change the meaning.

The Democrats will always cheat to win simply because the rest of us allow them to.

2016 was the last, semi-honest election in this country.

There will be no more.

I feel sorry for you young'uns.  I don't have many years left and I hope and pray I am allowed to live them in peace, but the young will suffer despotism writ large, multiplied as never before with technology turned evil.

As mentioned in  previous post, there is no longer law, just a fight for survival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

At least you're raking in the time and a half. 

Yes; If it still works the way it did...that added time and a half increases your pension....right?

YOU DESERVE EVERY PENNY ($$$)  :agree2:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tous said:

There are no more legitimate elections.

Stalin called the tune when he stated, Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.

I am reasonably certain that he did not say it in English.  Probably Russian.  Doesn't change the meaning.

The Democrats will always cheat to win simply because the rest of us allow them to.

2016 was the last, semi-honest election in this country.

There will be no more.

I feel sorry for you young'uns.  I don't have many years left and I hope and pray I am allowed to live them in peace, but the young will suffer despotism writ large, multiplied as never before with technology turned evil.

As mentioned in  previous post, there is no longer law, just a fight for survival.

It's called    CHEAT AND WIN   (And the DEMOCRATS HAVE PERFECTED THE CHEAT) 

Yeah....Hillary was SUPPOSED to win, but the CHEAT had not yet been perfected....IT TOOK A FEW MORE YEARS...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

The solution to ramming attacks is for the police to stand back and allow the survivors to tear the rammers apart limb from limb. 

Ramming attacks are certainly on the mind of every police officer. To hell with gun control when the bad guy can rent a U-haul truck.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 11/27/2021 at 12:20 AM, kerbie18 said:

BLM showed up in St Pete last year, and they flamed out and bombed, it was a dud. Nobody went to their idiotic parades/demonstrations that I know of, and I went down to see for myself. There were a lot of cop cars, and some demonstrators, and that was it.

• Thanks 1