Happy Thanksgiving 2021

crockett

I hope yall will have a nice Thanksgiving, Black Friday, long weekend, family time, whatever may be important to you.

Feel free to share plans, photos, stuffings, shopping lists, rants on family members, sports games to watch!

I think I'll make a 2 night trip to Cape Canaveral in the minivan camper. Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70s.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Last year got cancelled, but it looks like we are a go for this year.

After the feast, I take my adult son, nephews and great nephew to the gun range.  Most are once a year shooters.  I have strict rules, only one shooter at a time, no touching guns when you are not shooting.  I stand next to the shooter to clear malfunctions or other issues.

Hope we have decent weather.  It's supposed to rain in the morning, temp in the mid 40's.  P.M. looks like less chance of rain.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I played Alice's Restaurant Massacree while I cooked, and we had our turkey, etc., here at home, just the 4 of us, then we went up to some friends' place for dessert.  We had a lovely time, and made it home in time to do all the animal chores almost at their normal time (always goes smoother when the animals are bent because we're late).  Now I'm going to hang some more laundry, finish cleaning up from the adventures in the kitchen, and either go to the basement and quilt or curl up with a book until some kid or other needs me for something.  Time to relax...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

We are just having my daughter and SIL over this year. Small and quiet, just the way I like it. The wife still fixed far more than she needed to. We will be sending a lot of stuff home with the my girl.

Then tomorrow, I head out for a two day event that I am photographing, but thats fine. I get to totally avoid the Black Friday nonsense.

• Like 8

I love the opportunity to be with my grown children/grandchildren and great grandchildren.  They are all wonderful and I'm thankful for each and every one of them.

So, my wife and I found ourselves alone in the lower level of my daughter's home, where they had large tables and many chairs set up for dinner.

I held her in my arms, she held me.  I kissed her and sang "For the good times" to her.  I love to sing, and she is the unfortunate recipient of my efforts.

My Daughter-In-Law walked in and told us to "Get a room!".  I told her we did and she was the one that walked in on us!

We had a great time and it continued when we got home.  Then she got up to watch TV.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2