Sub zero cutting firewood today

Out of boredom, I drove the F250 out a frozen trail to my remote cabin. It's below zero today. Dropped a couple beetle killed spruce trees and bucked them up. Stuff was dry as a bone. I have the truck backed in the garage so I don't have to roll the wagon out to the wood shed every couple days. Plus the house now smells like fresh cut wood. I have the door between the house and garage propped open. Life is good, and I didn't kill myself out there doing this by myself. got some fresh air, exercise and a good dose of 2 stroke smoke. Must be beer thirty. Tipping one to Kyle and the justice system.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Out of boredom, I drove the F250 out a frozen trail to my remote cabin. It's below zero today. Dropped a couple beetle killed spruce trees and bucked them up. Stuff was dry as a bone. I have the truck backed in the garage so I don't have to roll the wagon out to the wood shed every couple days. Plus the house now smells like fresh cut wood. I have the door between the house and garage propped open. Life is good, and I didn't kill myself out there doing this by myself. got some fresh air, exercise and a good dose of 2 stroke smoke. Must be beer thirty. Tipping one to Kyle and the justice system.

God Bless ya man...God Bless ya.:patriot:  NEVER dealt well with Cold.  Bein a Lineman in Ill.  That's what got me to move to Florida.

It was 76 here today....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

God Bless ya man...God Bless ya.:patriot:  NEVER dealt well with Cold.  Bein a Lineman in Ill.  That's what got me to move to Florida.

It was 76 here today....

Watching Key West cam and everybody is bundled up in jackets and sweaters since it got to 73 degrees.........

We use jackets and sweaters when it's below 40.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Watching Key West cam and everybody is bundled up in jackets and sweaters since it got to 73 degrees.........

We use jackets and sweaters when it's below 40.

I don't even own a jacket or long pants anymore. All year cargo shorts and t-shirts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, Walt Longmire said:

Somebody wanted that for their smoker.

Yep. Turns out the guy is big on the BBQ circuit. He said he'll buy all I can cut. I did a little research and the prices for this stuff are crazy. He got a great deal, actually, compared to regular market prices. 

• Like 1