Christmas 2021

crockett

I think I'll get it started early this year. It got cold, from the low 90s 2 weeks ago to 72 today, xmas stuff is now in every shop on display, and retailers are suggesting to get the shopping done now, because things will be sold out in December due to the shortages and clogged freight routes.

So my 2 trees will go up this coming weekend, and I will change my daily routine to watching a ton of Tim the ToolMan, xmas movies, spending time in the living room for a change, reading, playing PS5, cooking the heck out of everything, building more Lego sets, and some serious xmas online shopping.

Xmas time is also reloading and shooting time for me, so I will come up with a unique upload ladder, maybe for my Sig P229 Elite in .357 SIG. Something REALLY hot and flat shooting.

I hope you guys are also up to a proper Marry Christmas this year!

image.png.cee0ba7990c985df4d2d7ec0770fce95.png

image.png.05b88871cec457e4aae12ae5da4a6b6a.png

• Like 5

Yep, it's early. Christmas threw up all over the house last week. Presents are wrapped and under the tree already.

All we have to do is wait nearly two months. We try to do things early because we put out decorations for mom and the in laws. It keeps us busy. We are the only ones to enjoy ours for the most part. the kids are too busy. They really are, they own a bakery, but could take time for a trip or two. They don't even have time for us to visit them. Oh well.

Merry Christmas, crockett and everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valmet said:

Day after Thanksgiving is when we get all the Xmas stuff out at my house...hard to believe it’s only a little over two weeks away. 

Think we're doin it a bit early this year.  Need some God round the house.  Nothin like a Christmas Tree to make ya think bout "Christmas"...

Who's that guy?...

• Like 3

We gave away the artificial trees last year. This year we are buying a little 4 foot pre-lit tree. We are going to put it on a chess table we have in the living room. Just putting an extra large tree skirt on the table. It’s just my wife and I now so we are simplifying decorations. 

• Like 5

Just now, Batesmotel said:

We gave away the artificial trees last year. This year we are buying a little 4 foot pre-lit tree. We are going to put it on a chess table we have in the living room. Just putting an extra large tree skirt on the table. It’s just my wife and I now so we are simplifying decorations. 

I’ve given up in pre-lit trees. Almost impossible to find the socket from which a cat stole a bulb. The strings make stay lit if a bulb burns out but nothing if one is gone. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I’ve given up in pre-lit trees. Almost impossible to find the socket from which a cat stole a bulb. The strings make stay lit if a bulb burns out but nothing if one is gone. 

We had good luck with the new LED pre-lit ones. If one gets lost, damaged or goes out the rest stay on. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Ha. We had to restring our tree and the garland. They DID NOT want those lights to fall off. Managed to keep the plugs in line with the sections.

I like our skinny tree. The first time I decorated it, it was like "I'm done?" 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crockett said:

I think I'll get it started early this year. It got cold, from the low 90s 2 weeks ago to 72 today, xmas stuff is now in every shop on display, and retailers are suggesting to get the shopping done now, because things will be sold out in December due to the shortages and clogged freight routes.

So my 2 trees will go up this coming weekend, and I will change my daily routine to watching a ton of Tim the ToolMan, xmas movies, spending time in the living room for a change, reading, playing PS5, cooking the heck out of everything, building more Lego sets, and some serious xmas online shopping.

Xmas time is also reloading and shooting time for me, so I will come up with a unique upload ladder, maybe for my Sig P229 Elite in .357 SIG. Something REALLY hot and flat shooting.

I hope you guys are also up to a proper Marry Christmas this year!

image.png.cee0ba7990c985df4d2d7ec0770fce95.png

image.png.05b88871cec457e4aae12ae5da4a6b6a.png

Seems like a lot of "stuff" for one guy (and a COKE ?)

• Like 1

Usually in your childhood and bedeviling teen years you have parents or someone looking out for you, or to kick you ass back in line, thus allowing us to have fun with no worries.
I heard many wise sayings that became more clear as time and decades sped by me.

The older I get the smarter my Dad was, and not a day goes by he isn’t missed.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, crockett said:

It took me over 40 years to find out that childhood and teens are generally the best years. More play, less worries, so I recreate it as good as I can.

Not only that....kids these days don''t and will never have a clue as to the fun we had just riding our bikes, playing stickball, just a broom stick and a Spalding....all afternoon "play"

Johnny on the pony,  so much fun with NO ELECTRONICS INVOLVED...

• Like 2