Hello kidney stones

crockett

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

Prayers Brother.

have a Doc Handy just in case?

Thank you!

I had an appointment through the Teladoc app yesterday because I don't want to walk into any covid invested clinic or ER. Was completely useless. That clown came from India and I didn't understand half of his gibberish. It was like calling AT&T customer service. He didn't offer any help or prescription, only suggested to go to a walk in clinic after I told him that I won't do that. I have no desire for a CT scan or piss test, I KNOW what I'm dealing with. Then this toolbag has the nerve to ask me why I didn't get the jab! **** that loser!

Just got 2 x 1 hour of sleep in. Its a drinking as much water as possible and waiting game. The pain the first time around some 5 years ago was worse so I assume that this stone isn't larger and likely smaller. So I should be able to pass it without surgery or any other intervention.

• Like 2

I had a big (9 mm) kidney stone a few years ago that required the laser-up-the-pipe-to-blow-it-apart treatment when it blocked the outlet from the kidney to the bladder. I was out for the surgery but leading up to it was incredible pain, thought I would pass out. 

Here's what my urologist told me, take it or leave it: 

Drink enough lemon water (not sweetened) daily to pass two liters of urine per 24 hours. Don't bother with cranberry juice. It lowers the pH of your urine, but does nothing to prevent calcium oxalate (most common kidney stone) formation. Unsweetened citrus is what you need, lemons and limes in particular.

Take in a lot of calcium via dairy and calcium rich vegetables--milk, yogurt, cheese, _not_ calcium supplement pills.

Avoid sugar, cut back on protein intake, red meats in particular.

Minimize sodium intake, period. Whatever foods and drinks are high in sodium, forget 'em.

I make my own lemon water by squeezing fresh lemons and mix the juice in my daily 1.75 liter of water allotment. I consume enough other liquids to make up the difference required to produce 2 liters of urine daily. Being old and having an enlarged prostate means I pee often. Beats hell out of kidney rocks.

There's a lot of good information on the Mayo Clinic website, a list of foods to avoid (root vegetables among them, potatoes and beets being among the worst). The big deal for people who aren't natural kidney stone generators is to hydrate, preferably with unsweetened citrus water. My doc says it's ok to mix in a little stevia sweetener. I used to drink very little liquid during the average day and I have no doubt that's what gave me the rock to begin with. I'm much more aware of hydration now, believe me.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, OGW said:

I had a big (9 mm) kidney stone a few years ago that required the laser-up-the-pipe-to-blow-it-apart treatment when it blocked the outlet from the kidney to the bladder. I was out for the surgery but leading up to it was incredible pain, thought I would pass out. 

Here's what my urologist told me, take it or leave it: 

Drink enough lemon water (not sweetened) daily to pass two liters of urine per 24 hours. Don't bother with cranberry juice. It lowers the pH of your urine, but does nothing to prevent calcium oxalate (most common kidney stone) formation. Unsweetened citrus is what you need, lemons and limes in particular.

Take in a lot of calcium via dairy and calcium rich vegetables--milk, yogurt, cheese, _not_ calcium supplement pills.

Avoid sugar, cut back on protein intake, red meats in particular.

Minimize sodium intake, period. Whatever foods and drinks are high in sodium, forget 'em.

I make my own lemon water by squeezing fresh lemons and mix the juice in my daily 1.75 liter of water allotment. I consume enough other liquids to make up the difference required to produce 2 liters of urine daily. Being old and having an enlarged prostate means I pee often. Beats hell out of kidney rocks.

There's a lot of good information on the Mayo Clinic website, a list of foods to avoid (root vegetables among them, potatoes and beets being among the worst). The big deal for people who aren't natural kidney stone generators is to hydrate, preferably with unsweetened citrus water. My doc says it's ok to mix in a little stevia sweetener. I used to drink very little liquid during the average day and I have no doubt that's what gave me the rock to begin with. I'm much more aware of hydration now, believe me.

I don't drink enough, that's for sure and my sodium intake is through the roof.

And I'll change that for good. Dealing with kidney stones is like throwing away 3 plus weeks of your life while being tortured.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, crockett said:

Found a great doctor. She prescribed me Flomax without giving me the run around and offered her cell phone number for the weekend, in case something happens. Waiting for prescription to be filled in my living room lol

20211119_152359.jpg

What's the antenna system for your TV??  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

Outstanding!  Glad your pain is past and opening.  Resume enjoyable life!  GB1

Thank you GB!

Right now I don't even know what to do without the pain, I'm just exhausted from not getting much sleep. I think I will do nothing over the weekend.

• Like 4

On 11/20/2021 at 3:05 AM, crockett said:

I just gave birth to this bastard, at 3:30 AM! Half of it broke off when I fished it out of the toilet. 2 weeks of torture.

Drink more water folks. Pain on the level of childbearing (no joke, pull it up) is no fun.

image.png.22f1c6206b1f49ab27ff0d6087e35f5a.png

Glad it passed.

them things are just evil.

• Thanks 1