Hello kidney stones

crockett

Second time for me. Had some weird milder pain a coupe days ago and didn't worry too much. Tonight I woke up at 4 AM with cramps down South. I first confused them with digestive issues, then the pain moved to the back, and when the sharp pain kicked in I instantly remembered how it felt when I had 2 kidney stones 5 years ago.

Right now that bastard moved a bit down the pipe and only a dull discomfort remains, but I know the game and what to expect. Last time around it took 2 weeks to flush them out, at times with pain that was off any chart.

Why can't we just be machines like a Terminator? No pain, no health bullshit, we all get 200 years on that nuke battery and that is it.

Time to drink 2 gallons of water a day, at least, with lemon juice, and be ready for a trip to the ER for some opioids if things get close to passing out due to pain.

• Sad 8

Drank about 2 gallons until 2 PM. That thing moved elsewhere and pain is gone for the past 4 hours or so. Obviously I didn't pass it that quickly, so I'm expecting more to come.

Pro tip to yall: drink more water. The pain level is regularly described as being higher than childbearing pain.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It was opening weekend at Bay Beach Park. I just wanted to see the lake.  I didn't even know there was a park there.

The only ones there (a little too chilly) were that orange-shirted girl scout troop (it's a very small park).

After I read the placard,  I decided I had to ride it.  It was a 4-ticket ride.  From other parks,  I decided it would be worth, I don't know,  $15, to ride history.

4 tickets.  $1.

There was no line.  Walked right in, and boarded.  No one even took my tickets.

I was going to ride it more times.  But it f'd up my back pretty good.  I was done.  Elvis was tougher than me.

• Like 1

After the cars stopped,  right behind me were a couple cars of girls.  12 /13 /14 years old.  And one little sister.

All the girls were on adrenaline!  But the little one burst out crying.

They all patted her, and said, "It's over!  Wasn't it fun!?!"

And then the girl started LOL.

Then she burst into tears.

And then LOL'd.

And burst into tears.

She was still cycling,  back and forth,  after we were all back on the sidewalk.

• Haha 1

I'm 32 and never had them, but if I did you can be sure I'm gonna look for George Floyd's fentanyl dealer because there's no way I'm gonna be feeling the pain associated with passing the stones!  I normally have a pretty high pain tolerance, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. 

9 hours ago, crockett said:

Drank about 2 gallons until 2 PM. That thing moved elsewhere and pain is gone for the past 4 hours or so. Obviously I didn't pass it that quickly, so I'm expecting more to come.

Pro tip to yall: drink more water. The pain level is regularly described as being higher than childbearing pain.

Oy Veh   I know what that is like;;;;GOOD LUCK

• Like 2

13 hours ago, crockett said:

Good luck, friend.   Hope you are feeling better soon.  Sounds most unpleasant.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maser said:

I'm 32 and never had them, but if I did you can be sure I'm gonna look for George Floyd's fentanyl dealer because there's no way I'm gonna be feeling the pain associated with passing the stones!  I normally have a pretty high pain tolerance, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. 

Last time around they prescribed me oxycodone. Removed the pain 100%, never felt so good in my life, I was literally high.

• Like 2

I have five hydrocodon pills left over from last October - December when I (eventually) got  several stones removed through a ureteroscopic procedure.  Lasers and a camera inserted through your unmentionables while you are unconscious.  Science, who knew?  You learn to ration the pills for when the pain is unbearable.  Otherwise, the medical folks suspect you're getting addicted and they cut you off.  Either way you'll put up with a little pain. 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/ureteroscopy

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:23 AM, minervadoe said:

Once you pass the stone you should fish it out of the toilet and take it to a lab so you can figure out if you've got either calcium oxalate or uric acid based stones.  Then you can alter your diet accordingly. 

IF you find it.....(pee onto a strainer)

• Like 3