Happy Halloween

crockett

52 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

right back at ya!

hanging at home, we don`t get too many Trick or Treaters here so me and my Lil Buddy are watching old Horror movies,

the-count-arises-wake-up.gif.61490061906499d1717941ccf2604671.gif

I'll join on the old horror movies.

Haven't had ONE Trick or Treater yet and its almost 9. Not that I'm expecting any. I'm sure the entire community knows by now that I hate small talk, solicitors and uninvited visitors. One distant neighbor from the other side of the lake came over a couple years ago when he saw my paint sample on the wall of my house, walked right onto my yard and started talking about my color choices and offering his painting service. Told him right away that he will never again just walk up to me on my property. He looks surprised and just stands there frozen. It took another "Get the **** off right now or I will remove your skinny ass!".

I do like people. Really. As long as they stay on the other side of the road.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

He looks surprised and just stands there frozen. It took another "Get the **** off right now or I will remove your skinny ass!".

we live on a busy Street, the side streets get some but not many.

Growing up we had Trick or Treaters that would empty a bowl every half hour.

there's just not many here seems strange to me in a fairly Suburban upper Middle class area we don`t get a lot.

least i hope that's it and they don`t all know how Terribly Anti-Social i really am...

19 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

least i hope that's it and they don`t all know how Terribly Anti-Social i really am...

Things have changed. Parents are paranoid these days and covid didn't help.

I wouldn't mind kids coming over for candy, heck they can play in my yard all day long, and some do at times. While kids are not perfect, they mostly come without bad intentions, unlike too many adults.

I rather see kids being out and about, having fun outside, instead of turning into gamer and online freaks with zero real life skills.

Also, in my book there is no such thing as "Anti-Social". Who gets to say that every single person has to be social? That's just not the reality. A big chunk of every society prefers to be on its own. "Anti-Social" is a term coming from low IQ people that don't understand the concept of solitude. Some are scared of people that don't need others to exist, so they try to force them to be more social by brandishing them with a bullshit stigma. In reality, people who exist alone, on their own, almost always carry more skills and knowledge since they have to (and want to) do everything on their own.

• Like 1