I have had it!

crockett

1 hour ago, crockett said:

That must have been a while back.

LifePo4 batteries carry 6 times the capacity of lead acid / AGM batteries. They have up to 10,000 life cycles and a discharge curve that is basically linear. They get hooked up to a 6kW inverter. 120 volts everywhere and everything. The battery pack gets recharged by solar only. The batteries can bridge several days of consumption without any sunlight, and that is basically unheard of in Florida. Even on a cloudy day the array produces energy. My solar system will not feed anything into the grid. There will be no grid, no windmills, no gas powered generators. That's all tech from yesterday.

Entire roof made of solar cells.

tesla-solar-roof-powerwall-battery-integ

"That must have been a while back"  Yep, that was in the mid 80's and electric power was the biggest problem, but a source of water was not because there was a mountain stream just 30 yards away. Where will you get your water for your project?

8 hours ago, Borg warner said:

"That must have been a while back"  Yep, that was in the mid 80's and electric power was the biggest problem, but a source of water was not because there was a mountain stream just 30 yards away. Where will you get your water for your project?

Dig 3 feet into the dirt. Its called Florida lol

A well / pump. No issue around here, plenty of water.

7 hours ago, Lazy R said:

You need 100 acres to put a house in the middle of to not hear the ******* white trash people's dogs barking all day. Or shoot all the dogs.

For 100 acres, in Florida, still close to the beach, I would have to sell my company, and lose my source of income. Bad move.

I have dogs in my current community, I can deal with that. I just want to be able to walk out of my house without seeing any of my neighbors first things, and being able to put up a fence all-around my lot so nobody can walk onto it, and being able to add structures and make changes without having to deal with a HOA. Plus a 25 yard range.