"firearm handed to Alec Baldwin on Thursday was declared a 'cold gun,' meaning it was declared unloaded"

gwalchmai

Hmmm...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-firearm-unloaded-search-warrant

"An assistant director on the New Mexico movie set of the movie "Rust" claimed that a gun being handed to actor Alec Baldwin on Thursday was unloaded, a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court said, according to reports.

"Cold gun," assistant director Dave Halls announced at the time, using lingo for an unloaded firearm, before a rehearsal for the movie, The Associated Press reported.

Soon afterward, court filings say, Baldwin pulled the trigger of the firearm, fatally wounding cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

The gun used by Baldwin was one of three firearms that had been placed on a cart by Hannah Gutierrez, who was identified as the armorer for the film, The Associated Press reported."

Liberals :upeyes:

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, DAKA said:

DOESN'T MATTER

COLD OR HOT 

NEVER...... well, we all know what to NEVER DO

As I said....Less mouthing off about guns and just learning a bit about them... TOTAL JACKASS..NEEDS A BIT OF A SMACK WITH A 2X4 

Needs a bit of a manslaughter conviction. A big bit. "Armorer" needs accessory conviction. This was negligent homicide and assault, no two ways about it. 

• Like 3

Who the hell declares a gun "cold" without physically checking it?  Who picks up a gun, REGARDLESS of its supposed condition, and DOESN'T physically check it?  The kind of people who assume everyone else is just a overwhelmingly arrogant about (ignoring and breaking) safety rules as they are, and who campaigns against anyone having any firearms, because they cannot understand the rest of the world isn't as careless, negligent, and arrogantly idiotic as they are.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

...an individual who allegedly witnessed the fatal incident claimed Friday that it was one bullet that was discharged, and that Baldwin notably asked about being handed a “hot gun” on set...

Why would there be a "hot gun" in a movie set? Were they filming a scene or just rehearsing? Is that the usual comment of a person who just shot another accidentally while filming a movie scene?

He should be in charge of the LA and Long Beach ports...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Who the hell declares a gun "cold" without physically checking it?  Who picks up a gun, REGARDLESS of its supposed condition, and DOESN'T physically check it?  The kind of people who assume everyone else is just a overwhelmingly arrogant about (ignoring and breaking) safety rules as they are, and who campaigns against anyone having any firearms, because they cannot understand the rest of the world isn't as careless, negligent, and arrogantly idiotic as they are.  

On a movie set, an actor physically checking a gun is not allowed. The thinking is that a professional armorer has checked it and declared it safe. The production company doesn’t want an actor who might not understand weapons messing with it and possibly loading it or introducing an obstruction into the barrel that becomes a projectile when a blank is fired.  

• Like 5

Because he is a producer of the film, her parents are already talking about suing.

He should have double-checked to see if the Colt revolver was loaded or unloaded. The old-fashioned way. By looking straight down the barrel and function-testing it. O.o

Couldn't happen to a nicer person..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Why would there be a "hot gun" in a movie set? Were they filming a scene or just rehearsing? Is that the usual comment of a person who just shot another accidentally while filming a movie scene?

He should be in charge of the LA and Long Beach ports...

A “Hot” gun on a set means it is loaded with effects ammo. Blanks, smoke, sparks etc. Cold gun is totally unloaded. There should never be real ammo on set. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Aim over the other actor's head, or just off to either side.

But don't aim it at a crew member's head, that's not in the script.

Just make sure that no one is in the line of fire.

Reminded me of Vic Morrow and the kids. Afterwards somebody thought, "Perhaps we shouldn't be using dynamite this way?".

High_Noon_gary_cooper.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

It seems that Baldwin is making a pitch for White House Press Secretary.

He can also blame Biden's poll numbers on unvaccinated Americans.

NO    NO   NO You missed the point.... IT WAS TRUMPS FAULT

• Haha 2

Only now do I understand Mo Fuggas thread. Didn't know that Baldwin killed somebody with a prop gun. Not watching the bullshit news seems to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Baldwin is a hardcore liberal. Liberals should lose their right to own or possess firearms, due to incurable mental illusions.

No surprise he is too stupid to check a gun before handling / firing it.

Back in the 80s, Hollywood still produced a bunch of great movies. That faded out in the 90s and for the past 20 years its utter left wing biased garbage. I'm glad that I long stop paying for cable TV and any of that modern bullshit.

• Like 2

There is more to the story that hasn't been talked about that much. 

"The report quoted a crew member knowledgable about the incident who claimed, "Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting."

That person also claimed that there had been two misfires from the prop gun on Saturday and another misfire the week before."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/alec-baldwin-shooting-union-safety?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND 2021-10-23&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

"On Friday, the Los Angeles Times reported that just six hours before the fatal shooting a group of camera crew members had walked off to protest working conditions."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

• Like 1

I was at a range once and rented a Glock 19. The guy behind the counter (nice guy, very knowledgeable, call him Bob) handed me the rental, slide open, mag inserted. But I noticed what he didn't notice. There was a round in the mag. I took the pistol, looked at him and asked "Bob, did you mean to hand me a loaded weapon?"

He was aghast, as he should have been. He said "What!? No! What dafuq? Those sunsawitches who closed up last night musta left a loaded round... Ima all sorta embarrassed... Dunno what happened! ... ..." 

I said "Relax, Bob. You can hand me loaded guns all day, and I'm gonna check 'em, cause that's my job. Now you're gonna beat yourself up about this, and that's to be expected, but remember - nobody got hurt. You got a free lesson and a visceral jolt, like blue lights in your mirror.  I've had a couple, too, over the years, and they're great. Go forth and sin no more."

He bought me a box of ammo as a thanks for the heads up. We were good friends up till he died of the cancer a few years ago. :(

ALL gun owners can benefit from that lesson. It instills a sense of responsibility like nothing else. Too bad Baldwin never got one (and I don't mean too bad for Baldwin...)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"Safety protocols standard in the industry, including gun inspections, were not strictly followed on the “Rust” set near Santa Fe, the sources said. They said at least one of the camera operators complained last weekend to a production manager about gun safety on the set.

Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

"The actor was preparing to film a scene in which he pulls a gun out of a holster, according to a source close to the production. Crew members had already shouted “cold gun” on the set. The filmmaking team was lining up its camera angles and had yet to retreat to the video village, an on-set area where the crew gathers to watch filming from a distance via a monitor.

Instead, the B-camera operator was on a dolly with a monitor, checking out the potential shots. Hutchins was also looking at the monitor from over the operator’s shoulder, as was the movie’s director, Joel Souza, who was crouching just behind her.

Baldwin removed the gun from its holster once without incident, but the second time he did so, ammunition flew toward the trio around the monitor. The projectile whizzed by the camera operator but penetrated Hutchins near her shoulder, then continued through to Souza. Hutchins immediately fell to the ground as crew members applied pressure to her wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding."

• Sad 1

I am not aware, which is another way of saying I don't know, that an actor is ultimately responsible of checking a firearm (prop gun?----it fired a projectile!) before rehearsing or filming a scene.

But as a producer of the film, he's ultimately responsible for everything that happens on set. And thus, potentially both civil and criminally liable. At the very least he's going to get his arse sued off.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2