Your all-time favorite Clint Eastwood movie.

inthefrey

So Clint and I have an interesting interlude.

The only book burning i ever went to involved, "The Bridges of Madison County."

I was in college at the time...and came home from school.  My neighbor was starting his grill and said he had a second stake....bring something over...and we'd eat.  So I brought over something (cant remember what) and some beer and whiskey.

His wife was out of town at the time.

So as he starts the grill i look down and saw a book under the coals....

I as amazed and asked him about it.

He said his wife had read the book three times.  And as she read it would smack him on the shoulder and blurt out, "Why can't you be more romantic!"  She would start to cry.

He HATED that book. 

And that's how i ended up at a book burning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• inthefrey changed the title to Your all-time favorite Clint Eastwood movie.

Outlaw Jose Wales is my favorite but I liked all the dirty Harry movies and really like Unforgiven and Grand Torino. As far as a movie he directed but didn't play a role in, I thought Letters from Iwo Jima was good. I knew a couple of people when I lived in L.A. who worked with him and liked working with him and one of them lived in Carmel, CA when he was mayor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Outlaw Jose Wales is my favorite but I liked all the dirty Harry movies and really like Unforgiven and Grand Torino. As far as a movie he directed but didn't play a role in, I thought Letters from Iwo Jima was good. I knew a couple of people when I lived in L.A. who worked with him and liked working with him and one of them lived in Carmel, CA when he was mayor.

I’m not generally appreciative of the political opinions of entertainment celebrities. Those such as Eastwood who got down into the trenches as elected officials I do appreciate. 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:31 PM, Eric said:

It is a great movie and him singing part of the themesong when the credits rolled was touching.

My wife always rolled her eyes when she found me watching an Eastwood movie I've seen a dozen times. I took her to see Gran Torino in the theater. When that part rolled, I caught tears in her eyes. I smiled all the way home.

• Like 2