Phone manners?

gwalchmai

I just got a call and the gal on the line asks "Hello. Am I speaking with Gwalchmai Munn?"

I said "Who inna hell wants to know?"

Turns out she was a CS rep from a company I deal with, and that I like, but great googley, don't the teach these kids how to make a call? The proper way is "Hello, this is Mona Lisa Vito from Vito's Garage calling for Mr. Munn. Is he available?" And the last part can be done coyly for best effect.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

If your number isn't in my phone book...Leave a message.  It ya don't, ya get blocked.

I’ve pretty well given up on blocking numbers. A fair volume of the numbers which one sees from spam calls are made up ones. However, no message no callback applies. Leaving a message does not ensure a callback though. 

• Like 2

Yes.  If you don't identify yourself before you ask for me, I'm not here, 'cause I'll assume you didn't identify yourself because you knew I wouldn't want to talk to you, anyway.  

I like my youngest daughter's phone manners - any number she doesn't recognize gets answered in a whisper, "OK, OK, it's done, but there's blood EVERYWHERE!"   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The worst thing about cell phones is you can't angrily slam them down to end a call.

It's very unsatisfying to gently tap a button when you're pissed off and want the person on the other end of the line to feel it.

Do they make an app for this?

Shark Tank, here I come.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I wish I could answer with 

"Five. This is five. Ignore the sirens. Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room. Eight. This is eight. We have killed your friends. Every friend is now dead."

But I'd flub it... ;)

Steven King, if i remember?

• Like 1

"National Security Hotline, where's the issue?"
"Wait! Wait  How the hell did you get this number.  This is a highly secure facility.  We are going to have to trace this line.  What's your name?  Your location.  Never mind we will find you. You are going to have to be questioned.   You might want a lawyer present."

------------

Hey.  I have made an insurance salesman cry.   I enjoy this sort of thing.

I also asked a lawyer to define a batter because he was attempting to stick is toung in my ear.

He asked me what i would do about it.  I cleared my side of the bar with the answer.

Some people need a dose of what they give. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, gwalchmai said:

I just got a call and the gal on the line asks "Hello. Am I speaking with Gwalchmai Munn?"

I said "Who inna hell wants to know?"

I'll ask "who's calling?" if there is any possibility of a legit call.

If not, sometimes I'll say "just a minute" and set the phone by the TV speaker until they hang up.