Going on a "vacation"

crockett

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

That's kinda what I used to do. No way of living. I will get out there... into nature.. away from any news, politics, divide, hate and social media. If SHTF I'll find out in time, and get out. I won't fight a cause that can't be won. Too many voted for the shitshow, so they will have to deal with it without my presence or my tax dollars.

I hit a tiny, remote creek this fall with a 4' trout rod. Caught Silver (Coho) Salmon and Rainbow Trout. I was laughing the whole time. Therapy. I had to keep my senses on alert for bears also. The Redhawk was close at hand, and I looked over my shoulder, but the fun was intoxicating.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I hit a tiny, remote creek this fall with a 4' trout rod. Caught Silver (Coho) Salmon and Rainbow Trout. I was laughing the whole time. Therapy. I had to keep my senses on alert for bears also. The Redhawk was close at hand, and I looked over my shoulder, but the fun was intoxicating.

Bears are predictable. Not so much Dem voters and the clown parade in the white house. Since I can't change any of that, I'm literally done with those topics. Maybe one day I'll come up with my camper.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crockett said:

Bears are predictable. Not so much Dem voters and the clown parade in the white house. Since I can't change any of that, I'm literally done with those topics. Maybe one day I'll come up with my camper.

He's back....................Van finished?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crockett said:

Well, I was gone for 3 weeks, stayed away from all news, TV, forums, social media, my trading chat room, the whole 9 yards, and I'm feeling much better! It's really working.

And I got so much stuff started and done for a change.

- Finally bought that Fronius TIG welder. Got a great deal from them on a new demo unit. 4k instead of 6k. (Re)learning TIG will be a great adventure in itself.

- Minivan camper conversion is almost done, only need to sew up some boxed cushion covers. I asked for a few quotes and the local sewing clowns wanted $500 to $600 for 2 cushions. Crazy. So I decided to sew my own. Needed a sewing machine for that, and instead of buying one of those 200 dollar **** machines made in China, I bought an industrial machine weighting in over 200 pounds. Costing 10 fold as well. lol

I always wanted to get into sewing, for example designing and making my own wallet, upholstery for the camper / cars / patio furniture or even gun holsters. This thing gets through EVERYTHING without breaking a sweat or a needle. 100% made in Japan!

image.thumb.png.23a31facb9a7f509e0d944641ab3916d.png

Jukis are GREAT machines, I am jealous! Put a leather needle in that one and it will sew up a niiiiiiice leather wallet. Also, it'll do multiple layers of denim.  I had a chance  a few years ago to get an industrial Bernina (and when I say that, I mean one that was 10 feet long), for free, but I had nowhere to put it.  I've been kicking myself for not taking it anyway ever since... I mean, if the man can set up his reloading equipment in my kitchen, I should be able to put a 10 foot long sewing machine in the living room, right?  Ha.  No.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Jukis are GREAT machines, I am jealous! Put a leather needle in that one and it will sew up a niiiiiiice leather wallet. Also, it'll do multiple layers of denim.  I had a chance  a few years ago to get an industrial Bernina (and when I say that, I mean one that was 10 feet long), for free, but I had nowhere to put it.  I've been kicking myself for not taking it anyway ever since... I mean, if the man can set up his reloading equipment in my kitchen, I should be able to put a 10 foot long sewing machine in the living room, right?  Ha.  No.

Yeah Mrs C, you got that right.....tell em"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Mine is sitting in my breakfast room for now, I'm running out of room as well. It will take a while to learn this thing. Everything is heavy duty, needs daily lubrication etc.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, crockett said:

That's kinda what I used to do. No way of living. I will get out there... into nature.. away from any news, politics, divide, hate and social media. If SHTF I'll find out in time, and get out. I won't fight a cause that can't be won. Too many voted for the shitshow, so they will have to deal with it without my presence or my tax dollars.

its Healthy to get your mind into your own things.

let the World burn on its own for awhile and focus on your goals.

i stop watch TV for weeks on end just to keep my Imagination active.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

its Healthy to get your mind into your own things.

let the World burn on its own for awhile and focus on your goals.

i stop watch TV for weeks on end just to keep my Imagination active.

That's cool.  I just can't do that. 

I juggle a lot of balls, and so far..., after 73 years...I'm able to keep em all in the air. 

I understand, some can't.  and...THAT's cool.  I need "breaks" too...I just do em different. 

I Can't just check out.  Not me. I deal with **** in different ways. I can't "relax" my problems away.  I need to confront them right up ******* front.  That how I "relax"

I have to constantly FIGHT my demons.  I can't take a vacation from em...But...I do understand, People deal with **** in different ways.

It's all good...Ya are...what ya let yourself be.:patriot:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

That's cool.  I just can't do that. 

I juggle a lot of balls, and so far..., after 73 years...I'm able to keep em all in the air. 

I understand, some can't.  and...THAT's cool.  I need "breaks" too...I just do em different. 

I Can't just check out.  Not me. I deal with **** in different ways. I can't "relax" my problems away.  I need to confront them right up ******* front.  That how I "relax"

I have to constantly FIGHT my demons.  I can't take a vacation from em...But...I do understand, People deal with **** in different ways.

It's all good...Ya are...what ya let yourself be.:patriot:

i think i more need a break from the Talking heads and Policy makers on TV and the Propagandists on both sides really.

i think the Media as a whole tries to Spoon Feed us talking points until were sick, it all becomes an Echo Chamber ad Nauseam.

shutting them off and using my one wits and Imagination helps me see my own point of view and lets me get my own perspective.

also i use that time to Enjoy the things i do like.

then i recharge to fight even harder..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i think i more need a break from the Talking heads and Policy makers on TV and the Propagandists on both sides really.

i think the Media as a whole tries to Spoon Feed us talking points until were sick, it all becomes an Echo Chamber ad Nauseam.

shutting them off and using my one wits and Imagination helps me see my own point of view and lets me get my own perspective.

also i use that time to Enjoy the things i do like.

then i recharge to fight even harder..

Also...Look at different Media alternatives...there IS media, that gives a True perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:50 PM, crockett said:

Well, I was gone for 3 weeks, stayed away from all news, TV, forums, social media, my trading chat room, the whole 9 yards, and I'm feeling much better! It's really working.

And I got so much stuff started and done for a change.

- Finally bought that Fronius TIG welder. Got a great deal from them on a new demo unit. 4k instead of 6k. (Re)learning TIG will be a great adventure in itself.

- Minivan camper conversion is almost done, only need to sew up some boxed cushion covers. I asked for a few quotes and the local sewing clowns wanted $500 to $600 for 2 cushions. Crazy. So I decided to sew my own. Needed a sewing machine for that, and instead of buying one of those 200 dollar **** machines made in China, I bought an industrial machine weighting in over 200 pounds. Costing 10 fold as well. lol

I always wanted to get into sewing, for example designing and making my own wallet, upholstery for the camper / cars / patio furniture or even gun holsters. This thing gets through EVERYTHING without breaking a sweat or a needle. 100% made in Japan!

image.thumb.png.23a31facb9a7f509e0d944641ab3916d.png

Expanding your abilities is the greatest accomplishment for anyone.  Good for you!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

So you're the missing older sister the ol' lady keeps yammering about....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1