Yum, sharp cutty, stabby things

NPTim

Terrible picture but this is my latest by Great Eastern Cutlery. I have all but stopped carrying "tactical" type knives and have gone back to traditional knives. Very happy with this one and have been carrying it daily for several months. 

IMG_0383.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 5:07 PM, Sprout said:

Terrible picture but this is my latest by Great Eastern Cutlery. I have all but stopped carrying "tactical" type knives and have gone back to traditional knives. Very happy with this one and have been carrying it daily for several months. 

IMG_0383.JPG

Yeah, thanks a lot.

I'll be back in a little bit.  I've got some shopping to do.

Also, I also purchased a leather pocket sheath for it. I hate scratched bolsters and the sheath protects it while in the pocket. Great Eastern has them for both their smaller and large folders. Not my picture but this what the sheath looks like. 

AFC8AC90-6E14-4406-92C1-4D74645EAAEA.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 2:22 AM, Lone_Wolfe said:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Billys95T_GMT.jpg","data-attachmentid":673}[/ATTACH]

Billys95T_GMT.jpg.01246202b99531cd6bb5ffd211bd550f.jpg

Either somebody REALLY had something against your Rolex, or we need to have a serious talk about how to properly carry a knife...... :anim_lol:

On 10/10/2017 at 12:43 PM, Sprout said:

Also, I also purchased a leather pocket sheath for it. I hate scratched bolsters and the sheath protects it while in the pocket. Great Eastern has them for both their smaller and large folders. Not my picture but this what the sheath looks like. 

I actually made a couple of those for my Case trappers.  They aren't as nicely made as that one (my stitching sucks out loud) but they have a pocket clip so I can carry the knife like a sideclip.

I'll see if I can dig up a picture of one.

On 9/17/2017 at 6:07 PM, Sprout said:

IMG_0383.JPG

GEC is producing some fine knives. I've picked up a few and I also found a fondness for traditional slip joint folders.

29485882737_605f6d935a_k.jpg

40106659210_be3dfef10d_z.jpg

40647254025_e029be9a04_z.jpg

27286881237_e3624917ba_b.jpg

42273295692_09d23479e3_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 12:43 PM, Sprout said:

Referencing my above post - I made these for my Case Trappers:

lTd7S9WcVdOHgyftpZmjiXYLzKKNsD9KLNZWAUfz

The knives are a Trapper with Red Bone (I think) handles, and one with yellow Delrin (cheap) handles.

Clip on the top one was ordered, the bottom was salvaged from a phone case with some heat shrink over it.  The reversed leather on the top one is to help it stay in place when the knife is pulled out.

Edited by SC Tiger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the latest knife I've started carrying. It's an Opinel #10 Effilés (slimline) with a 4inch blade.  I had been carrying a number 9 (3 1/2 Inch blade) standard folding knife with the XC90 AFNOR carbon blade. The stainless steel they use is Sandvik 12C27.

The standard folding knives are only 15 dollars and have beechwood handles and are very lightweight  so you can carry a fairly large knife in your pocket. These knives all have fairly thin blades and are easy to get very sharp so they don't need a lot of muscle behind them to do the job and the aren't any good as prybars.  I've carried a lot of different knives ovewr the years since I was about 6 or 7 years old and Opinels are my favorite.  for a while I carried the #9 standard folding knife for everyday use and carried a smaller #8 slimline when I wore dress pants. I also opted for the high polished stainless blade and the Bubinga wood handle on that one and it cost $30 bucks, Ebony will cost you $75 and I paid $22 for my #10 slimline with the beech handle and Opinel shipped it to me for only $3.50 and it arrived in 3 days.

opinel slim-olive-3.jpg

• Like 4