Photos of well known people

crockett

My brother has been an actor his whole life.  Through him, I've met very many famous movie / tv / theater people.

But in their social settings,  pictures or autographs are extremely frowned upon.

I have none.

(I've learned to just say, "Wow.  Pleased to meet you.", and end it.)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

My brother has been an actor his whole life.  Through him, I've met very many famous movie / tv / theater people.

But in their social settings,  pictures or autographs are extremely frowned upon.

I have none.

(I've learned to just say, "Wow.  Pleased to meet you.", and end it.)

On separate occasions, I've seen Prince, Elvis Costello, William Shatner , Bono and his wife out and about doing normal things. Shatner was having dinner by himself at a local restaurant. I saw someone approach for an autograph. He told the guy to leave him alone.

My great aunt moved to Laguna Beach CA in 1945 (13 years before I was born) when it was just a wide spot in the road and became close friends with several Hollywood celebrities who had homes there. I finally got to meet her in 1986 when I was stationed in San Diego. She told me that I was welcome to visit anytime but warned me not to bring any of my sailor buddies. She was married to a sailor and she was too old to put up with with their drunken shenanigans anymore. She also told me that she would not introduce me to any of her celebrity friends as she valued their friendship and didn't want to lose it by violating their privacy. So I don't have any photographs, but I enjoyed listening to her stories. I do have an original watercolor by Playboy cartoonist John Dempsey that she gave me.

My ex waited tables in a restaurant in Ocean Shores, Wa. that had many celebrities come through. She never bothered them. John Wayne was there for the filming of McQ and I got pics of him with my mother and grandmother. 

Where I live in Ak. we get lots of pro sports players and other celebs here in the summer. Many of them have mansions on the Kenai River that they refer to as their 'cabin.' I have worked several excavating jobs for them.

Lots of musicians. Back when concerts were a common thing, I'd usually wind up meeting the band after the show. Plenty of pics and autographs from those days. Probably the nicest 3 I've met were George Thorogood, Brett Michaels, and Willie Nelson. I was too blown away to get pics with those 3. I saw Sheryl Crow at a mall, once, but that was in the Nokia days before cellphone cameras. Had some professional dealings with an actor on the King of Queens. You'd totally walk right by him and never notice him. Totally just looked and acted like some random guy.

16 hours ago, deputy tom said:

The top pic is 22 Plinkster. I don't know the guy with the cigar. tom.

7 hours ago, Hook said:

Like @deputy tom said 22 plinkster I believe his first name is Dave. Don king cigar guy?

You guys got it right. 22 Plinkster is ""only"" a YouTube personality. I saw him at SHOT show in Vegas 2 years ago. Also saw Hickok45 but didn't take a photo.

And yes, that's Don King. Was about 7 years ago in NYC when I was on another expo. That guy is still around and just turned 90.

He was on Miami Vice back in 1987.

markbreland hashtag on Twitter

• Like 2

I saw a bunch of celebs in my Miami Beach years ranging from Jennifer Lopez to Justin Bieber, but one person stood way out because I got to spend some time with him: Vin Diesel

I had a friend in town and we had been on our way to a night club in South Beach. The car I had at that time had a cold air intake, every time I'd rev it, it sounded like a supercharger wine. So I had my fun at a couple red lights making some noise. At one intersection we had a 911 next to use, I revved the engine to provoke the Porsche driver, just for giggles, my buddy looks over and utters something like "Dude, that IS Vin Diesel". I looked over, and sure enough, it was him.

The 911 was a convertible and we had our windows down. So I asked him if he wants to go for it, and he just points at the oncoming lanes. I look over and a cop is sitting there. I felt like a total noob.

Anyways, we left the intersection without him saying a single word.

About 20 minutes later I finally found a parking lot and we walked towards the night club. It was one of the clubs owned by the Opium group. Hard to get in if the bouncer doesn't know you, especially if you don't bring any girls along. They always try to keep more girls in the club than guys. So in a worst case scenario you would stand in line for 2 hours and not get in at all. At that time I was still new to Miami Beach and didn't know the bouncer, so we walked by the entrance in order to get into the rather long line down the road.

All of the sudden I hear something like "Hey, didn't you just try to get my arrest by racing you in-front a cop?!" And there he was, standing at the entrance of that night club, about to get in through the VIP lane, while being surrounded by a chick,a couple guys, and some dude with a cam. I think they had been local news. I was pretty perplexed, and uttered something like "No, I just like to go fast!". We then exchanged a few words, he really thought that I was in a highly modded car due to the intake sounds, and I told him that it was just beater for the time being.

The real kicker was, that he took us into the club as his guests, no waiting in line, no 100 bucks for the ticket, no 100 bucks for the bouncer. My buddy and I thanked him and he kept going with a couple other guys that had been waiting inside.

If that wasn't enough, later that night we managed to get a drink with him, did some small talk, but it was hard to understand everything. That club used to be very loud and none of us wanted to get into our faces.

That was either 2002 or 2003. Won't be forgetting that one. 100% decent guy. Only time I talked to a celeb.

PS: well.. not counting Nicko from Maiden. Don't consider him a celeb... known him for a long time... used to hang out many times in Boca.

• Like 1