Jalapeño Snacks

Eric

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Jalapeno Ranch Ruffles are like Crack to me right now.

also the Jalapeno Pringles.

i tend to lay off the Spicy Food in my Advancing years, but they tend to be the Exceptions.

I love the flavor of the Ruffles Jalapeño Ranch chips, but they need more heat. I haven't tried the Pringles. I've always found the texture of Pringles a bit off-putting.

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

I love the flavor of the Ruffles Jalapeño Ranch chips, but they need more heat. I haven't tried the Pringles. I've always found the texture of Pringles a bit off-putting.

i agree with the needing more heat, but i find snacks either tease with no real heat and a lot of flavor or all heat that overwhelms the flavor.

Ruffles and Pringles at least has some Balance.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I really don't normally go out and buy, or eat potato chips and other snacks every day, but I just spotted another new product today and got a bag. It's a keeper.

The newcomer is Lay's Cheddar Jalapeño potato chips. There is a bit more heat than most of the contenders, but it still isn't hot. There is just enough heat there to leave a mild tingle on the tongue. The cheddar flavor is distinctive, without being overpowering. The struck a nice balance. If this were a thicker, ruffled chip, I would have a new hands-down favorite. As it is, it definitely makes the Top Three list. Well done, Lay's.

91QbXQMbECL._SL1500_.jpg.3ea37413fe87227d3de86bf825caf566.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 10:43 AM, 21 shooter said:

The key to enjoying Vienna sausages, potted meat, etc was do not read the ingredients.  I grew up in the country.  “Fast foid” was ever how quick you could make your own sammich.  My kids could not understand why Hardee’s was a big deal about 50 years ago.  LOL

About a year ago i had a Arby's sandwich.  It wasn't great but not bad.  Hardee's had decent burgers.

• Like 1