Jalapeño Snacks

Eric

• Administrators

I am a big fan of lalapeño and chipotle snacks. I know, probably not the smartest thing for someone with acid reflux, but if I eat them only occasionally and earlier in the day, they do not trouble me.

Anyway, I just discovered a new one that is really outstanding. Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Nuts. These things taste amazing and they have a little more heat than most similar types of snacks. I love these things.

6e87e2630f7616de87b7d26aefcacde6.jpg.8fb5a971b7bfd3c8c011aa5511ba148a.jpg

I also love Jalapeño Cheetos, Jalapeño Ranch Ruffles, Lay's Jalapeño Kettle chips, Jacklinks Jalapeño jerky and just about anything Chipotle flavored. Also Ancho chili flavored. The chipotle is made by cold-smoking over-ripe jalapeños over two or three days. The Ancho chilis are a similar process, except they start with pablano peppers. They both have a slightly sweet, smoky flavor, but the ancho chili also has almost a meaty flavor to it. It makes world-class salsa.

Do you like spicy snacks? If so, what are some of your favorites?

I used to eat a ton of those snacks, with plenty of MSG and other chemicals. I think that stuff started my GI issues some 16 or 17 years ago.

These used to be my favorites. I ordered a box full 2 years ago and stuffed my face with all kinds of things from memory lane for a few days. That was followed for daily cramps and the whole nine yards for about half a year.

Linds on Twitter: "Are these the German answer to Hula Hoops?  https://t.co/ghlar8xRPb #review #snacks #crisps #germany… " 

• Like 1

I do like spicy snacks, but jalapeños are just not my favorite pepper. I just don't care for the taste of them.

I'll do almost anything habanero all day long though.  I even candy the little guys. They are really good mixed in with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.

IMG_1162.JPG

• Like 3

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, crockett said:

I used to eat a ton of those snacks, with plenty of MSG and other chemicals. I think that stuff started my GI issues some 16 or 17 years ago.

These used to be my favorites. I ordered a box full 2 years ago and stuffed my face with all kinds of things from memory lane for a few days. That was followed for daily cramps and the whole nine yards for about half a year.

Linds on Twitter: "Are these the German answer to Hula Hoops?  https://t.co/ghlar8xRPb #review #snacks #crisps #germany… " 

It looks like Cheetos started making sphincters.

• Haha 3

Those corn nuts look good. The vendor who fills the snack machines at work used to put some jalapeño cheddar cheese puffs in there that were great. I think it was Herr's Jalapeño Poppers cheese curls. 

A guy at work brought in some cream cheese and bacon stuffed, smoked jalapeños that he grew himself one time. I don't know what happened in the smoking process but those things were hot as hell. But they were so good.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I'm here now. Where is this?

I told you about it before. Blue Adobe. There is one in Mesa and one i  Scottsdale. I prefer the Scottsdale location. That's my favorite restaurant in the valley.

• Thanks 1

Jalapeno snacks around here involve slicing one in half, stuffing it with cream cheese, wrapping a poppin' fresh crescent roll dough around it, pitching it in the oven til done, and then snarfing it down.

Also, there are so many in my garden right now I've let half of them turn red.  Mmmmmm....

• Administrators

I just found these and grabbed a bag.  They are kind of meh. The ranch flavor is overpowering and the jalapeño gets lost. There is no heat to it. Plus, they are REALLY salty. A swing and a miss.

00077975094808CF-1.webp.3a10632c319fde1bfff0dae52f30ca1e.webp

27 minutes ago, Eric said:

I cannot stand the texture of those things. It is like spam that someone did something unnatural with.

I think a lot of people get put off by the slime inside the can.  All I know is when it's like 3 or 4 AM and the house is asleep and you've been drinking beer and streaming all night and you go into the kitchen to look for something to put on top of all that beer, a can of those look like the Holy Grail! 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Maser said:

I think a lot of people get put off by the slime inside the can.  All I know is when it's like 3 or 4 AM and the house is asleep and you've been drinking beer and streaming all night and you go into the kitchen to look for something to put on top of all that beer, a can of those look like the Holy Grail! 

For me, it would be a Catch-22. The amount of alcohol that it would take for Vienna Sauasages to seem palatable to me would be lethal and I do not want to die with one of those things in my mouth.

• Haha 2

I grew up on vienna sausages and butter on saltine crackers. A treat as a kid as we didn't get them as often so it was a real treat.  The cracker gave crunch to counter the mushy squish of the "sausage". The thought of eating them now makes me want to hurl. 

11 hours ago, Eric said:

For me, it would be a Catch-22. The amount of alcohol that it would take for Vienna Sauasages to seem palatable to me would be lethal and I do not want to die with one of those things in my mouth.

It appears I am the only one who likes those mini sausages.   I even drink the brine in them.