Acid Reflux? Acid Indigestion? Ulcers & Other Chronic GI Issues?

Eric

• Administrators
Just now, crockett said:

Not going to forget it on my next grocery trip so...

image.thumb.png.a875aa853b3f914c9e8e19b05f6121fd.png

Yeah, that is where I got mine. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me. I haven't touched a bottle of Maalox in a week now and that is a hell of a milestone for me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

It's a death sentence. After my uncle had his esophagus removed, he was dead in weeks. Someone close to me has a constricted esophagus and has had a second "balloon" treatment. Necessary every few years. 

Get that **** under control.

My brother had that balloon treatment done every couple years for the same restricted esophagus issue - it gets so bad he can't eat any solids at all.  

• Sad 1

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, crockett said:

Not going to forget it on my next grocery trip so...

image.thumb.png.a875aa853b3f914c9e8e19b05f6121fd.png

Remember, you have to steep it ten to fifteen minutes. I steep mine the full fifteen minutes. They also recommend squeezing the tea bag against the side of the glass, as you remove it. The tea doesn't need anything else added and adding anything else would probably reduce its effectiveness. You should drink it an hour before or two hours after a meal. I just have one cup a day, right before I go to bed. It has really helped me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eric said:

Remember, you have to steep it ten to fifteen minutes. I steep mine the full fifteen minutes. They also recommend squeezing the tea bag against the side of the glass, as you remove it. The tea doesn't need anything else added and adding anything else would probably reduce its effectiveness. You should drink it an hour before or two hours after a meal. I just have one cup a day, right before I go to bed. It has really helped me.

15 minutes is what I do with my ginger tea, squeezing the bag a few times. That stuff reduces inflammations very well, further down the pipe. I guess every root based tea needs longer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Beast wishes Swamp Thing. We'll keep you in the prayers.

Dang if that list isn't getting longer and longer.

Thanks Sir.  Yeah...I've lived a "Fun, GREAT Life"...Yup...the list gets longer.  BUT...I keep doin stupid ****....

Time to pay the Piper.  I'm ready for that too..BUT...I'm gonna "Negotiate"...:rock::anim_lol:

• Like 3

Thanks sir. Naw.  I been "Talkin" REAL **** all my 

3 hours ago, Eric said:

Are you sure it wasn't from all that **** you talk? :whistling: :anim_lol:

Seriously though, I hope your test goes good next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hell, that might actually speed up my typing.

Thanks sir.  Appreciate it.:cool:

Naw man...I was talkin "****" before YOU were shittin Yellow.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Thanks Sir.  Yeah...I've lived a "Fun, GREAT Life"...Yup...the list gets longer.  BUT...I keep doin stupid ****....

Time to pay the Piper.  I'm ready for that too..BUT...I'm gonna "Negotiate"...:rock::anim_lol:

The glimpse of the other side was pretty spectacular and mundane at the same time. Probably just the waiting room.

If you ain't doin sumpin stupid, you ain't livin. Well that is how I see it.

I always gravitated to anything fast enough, high enough, or dangerous enough to do something stupid with. It caught up when I wasn't doin nuttin. Oh well, I guess I had it coming.

Take care, bud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

The glimpse of the other side was pretty spectacular and mundane at the same time. Probably just the waiting room.

If you ain't doin sumpin stupid, you ain't livin. Well that is how I see it.

I always gravitated to anything fast enough, high enough, or dangerous enough to do something stupid with. It caught up when I wasn't doin nuttin. Oh well, I guess I had it coming.

Take care, bud.

LOL...............That comment made me think,  if this thread and the one on Jalapeño Snacks were combined we would have something to really talk about.

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 hours ago, pipedreams said:

LOL...............That comment made me think,  if this thread and the one on Jalapeño Snacks were combined we would have something to really talk about.

I made my doctor choke on a drink of water the other day. She told me she was scheduling me for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. Just as she took a drink, I asked her if they did both tests at the same time, would the endoscopes meet in the middle. She hasn’t known me long enough to get a feel for my sense of humor and she had clearly never been asked that question before.

• Haha 4

My grandmother from Santa Rosa, New Mexico had an ulcer she treated with Yerba Del Manso.  It's a root from down by the river that's gathered in the Spring. She boiled a batch, let it cool and kept it in a jar in the frig.  She drank a red shotglassful every morning.

It's used for stomach cancer and has a unique pain relief function much like novacaine.  It's pretty amazing...numbs your mouth and everything on the way down.  Magical indigenous herbal remedy.

• Like 4

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, crockett said:

Just had my first licorice root tea an hour ago. It already feels calm in my stomach, almost a bit numb and coated. Wonder how my night will be.

Yeah, the effect happened very quickly for me and lasted most of the day. I haven't had to use Maalox in more than two weeks. I just have one cup of the tea each night before bed.

What did you think of the flavor? I don't mind it a bit.

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yeah, the effect happened very quickly for me and lasted most of the day. I haven't mad to use Maalox in more than two weeks. I just have one cup of the tea each night before bed.

What did you think of the flavor? I don't mind it a bit.

I kinda grew up with licorice candy being around everywhere, it's a German thing, never liked it that much. I too was expecting the tea to taste very intense but its actually very mild. I don't mind the taste, not my favorite either. At least it has some sweetness to it so I don't have to add sugar, which wouldn't help with acid reflux.

At this point in my life I'm just very grateful for anything that helps with my health issues, without any side effects or having to see a doc all the time. So even if it would taste bad, I'd still drink it. Having no pain / discomfort is pretty high on my list.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, crockett said:

I kinda grew up with licorice candy being around everywhere, it's a German thing, never liked it that much. I too was expecting the tea to taste very intense but its actually very mild. I don't mind the taste, not my favorite either. At least it has some sweetness to it so I don't have to add sugar, which wouldn't help with acid reflux.

At this point in my life I'm just very grateful for anything that helps with my health issues, without any side effects or having to see a doc all the time. So even it it would taste bad, I'd still drink it. Having no pain / discomfort is pretty high on my list.

I approach any folk remedy with a sceptical eye, but plenty of it must work. People have been experimenting and treating themselves with stuff like this for thousands of years. In this case, I'm damned glad I tried it. All the Maalox was causing plenty of trouble on its own. I'm glad to be shut of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

I approach any folk remedy with a sceptical eye, but plenty of it must work. People have been experimenting and treating themselves with stuff like this for thousands of years. In this case, I'm damned glad I tried it. All the Maalox was causing plenty of trouble on its own. I'm glad to be shut of it.

This stuff helps me a lot when I'm dealing with GI inflammations...

image.webp.4ebad70c0e2717f6d76a767256071235.webp

710INYR0p+L._SL1500_.jpg

• Administrators
Just now, crockett said:

This stuff helps me a lot when I'm dealing with GI inflammations...

image.webp.4ebad70c0e2717f6d76a767256071235.webp

710INYR0p+L._SL1500_.jpg

I bought some licorice root tea today at Sprouts and the same brand I by had some Ginger & Ginger and chamomile tea right beside it. I thought about grabbing a box of it. I'm going to have to get some of it and try it.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:12 AM, Eric said:

81fWQXjKR6L._SL1500_.jpg.664e6dc6389456c2a6655b945d82603c.jpg

The wife and I have been drinking a cup of this for the past few nights. I can't say it works, but we both have had no discomfort of any kind since giving it a whirl. It certainly can't hurt, and has an interesting flavor. Earthy (no, it doesn't taste like dirt) followed by sweet. 

Nothing to tell about any "felt" reaction, but time will give a better evaluation.

Thanks Eric.

• Like 1