What Are Your Thoughts on Cryptocurrency?

Eric

• Administrators

I had a doctor today singing the praises of investing in Ethereum, the second biggest cryptocurrency, after Bitcoin. I confess, I know very little on the subject. Does anyone invest in cryptocurrency and or use it in commerce? What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

No actual value.  It's all speculation. 

Ponzi scheme
A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud that lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors with funds from more recent investors. The scheme leads victims to believe that profits are coming from legitimate business activity, and they remain unaware that other investors are the source of funds.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eric said:

I had a doctor today singing the praises of investing in Ethereum, the second biggest cryptocurrency, after Bitcoin. I confess, I know very little on the subject. Does anyone invest in cryptocurrency and or use it in commerce? What are your thoughts?

Dude...Till I die, I'll use a Credit card.  However...My Wife knows all about this "crypto" ****.  She said..."It's not something I'd participate in"...she says it's on the stock exchange...If ya want to figure it out.  

I love MY Plastic!!  By the time I get home...she's already been "pinged" of how much I spent.  BUT...At YOUR Age Eric...You're 23 years younger than me...  For you my man...It might BE a thing...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Dude...Till I die, I'll use a Credit card.  However...My Wife knows all about this "crypto" ****.  She said..."It's not something I'd participate in"...she says it's on the stock exchange...If ya want to figure it out.  

I love MY Plastic!!  By the time I get home...she's already been "pinged" of how much I spent.  BUT...At YOUR Age Eric...You're 23 years younger than me...  For you my man...It might BE a thing...

When I die, I want my last check to bounce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Once they gain traction as a form of payment, governments will try to either heavily regulate it (and that's basically impossible since crypto currencies are decentralized), take them over (also not easy), or ban them, because they will lose tons of tax revenue and financial crimes will go up.

While currencies will go digital at some point, I don't see a future for crypto currencies. For now they are a speculative vehicle traded on private company exchanges.

Some traders have made a lot of money, most have lost it. For now the hype train has left the station and the risk is much higher.

I'd never invest into any crypto currencies. Keep in mind that trading is not investing. I also don't trade them, because they have virtually no value compared to the small cap stocks I trade.

While I'm at it, this was my trade for today, from pre market into open, lasting 2 minutes. 3.5% profit on account size. While this is also speculative, at least it is based on a real company.

image.thumb.png.134dd3b9e9c53f70ef9d8e73bd6215fd.png

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

Investing in ammo is probably the smartest thing you can do.

It will, eventually, be the next "money".

We could start a new thing called CryptoAmmo. What do you think?

• Haha 1

• Administrators
Just now, Huaco Kid said:

"I've got five bars of gold!"

"I've got six .45's.  I don't want your gold.  But I'll take your food."

I was at a Superbowl party in 1999, talking to a flaming liberal (But mostly ok guy), who knew I was into guns. He asked me jokingly if I had enough ammo stockpiled. I got very serious, leaned into him and said, "I've got enough to get more." He didn't know if I was joking or not (I mostly wasn't) and he quickly decided he needed to be on the other side of the room at just that moment. He didn't talk to me again that night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

"I've got enough to get more."

Somebody on this forum  once posted a line (about cops?):

"Do you have any weapons on you??"

"No.  Yours will do just fine."

(It was a really bad thing to post,  because I just know that those words will blurt out of my mouth one day.)

• Haha 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:
“I, Hatchet Kid, bein' of sound mind and broke legs do hereby leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it. Lord hope it be a white man. It is a good rifle and kilt the nwa that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead."

I was just thinking of that scene. I bought a .54 caliber Hawken Rifle (Made by Thompson Center.), because of that movie. I bought it as a kit and finished and assembled it myself.  I still own it and fire it once in a while.

• Like 1

I've read about people buying old, shut down, coal power plants (smaller ones),  just to fire them up and to power electricity for their crypto-mining servers.

Because they are non-commercial,  they don't have to follow any EPA laws.

Other peoples are having the vapors over this.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, crockett said:

Instant door knocking in this day and age.

We will replace the word 'ammo' with 'puppies', or something. Hollowpoint puppies, frangible puppies (Gross), waddcutter puppies, bonded core puppies, shot puppies, slug puppies. We could have a whole variety of those little puppies.

1 minute ago, Eric said:

I was just thinking of that scene. I bought a .54 caliber Hawken Rifle (Made by Thompson Center.), because of that movie. I bought it as a kit and finished and assembled it myself.  I still own it and fire it once in a while.

"Watch your'n topknot."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eric said:

We will replace the word 'ammo' with 'puppies', or something. Hollowpoint puppies, frangible puppies (Gross), waddcutter puppies, bonded core puppies, shot puppies, slug puppies. We could have a whole variety of those little puppies.

Shot puppies will bring PETA to the table.