Spicy/Hot Foods

Eric

• Administrators

Do you enjoy spicy/hot foods? If so, what do you think your tolerance is for hot stuff and what’s your favorite spicy food?

I enjoy hot food. I think my tolerance is probably a 7 or so, on a scale from 1 to 10. My favorite type of spicy food is Mexican, especially New Mexican cuisine. I enjoy hot Italian foods as well. I’m not a fan of horseradish or wasabi kind of heat though. It isn’t the heat. It is the horrific flavor of it.

My favorite hot sauce is Tabasco Chipotle. I love the flavor, although I wouldn’t mind if it was a bit hotter.

How about you? 

• Like 2

i used to love spicy food and ate everything i could.

loved hot Chili

i cant eat it like i used to and i wish i could but i dont like hot for the sake of hot anymore i like spicy for the flavor of good spicy.

good Hot and Sour Soup or Dan dan noodles, Chili.

arrabiata sauce.

and love the real Sriracha

• Like 2

I like spicy food. Jalapeno is about as hot as I go. I don't enjoy pain. The hottest/spiciest food I have eaten was in Bangkok. I don't know what it was, it looked like a miniature cluster of green grapes about the size of green peas. I took one bite and spit it in the middle of the table. There was no way I was going to swallow it. As bad it was hurting my mouth there was no way I was going to give it a chance to hurt coming out.

• Like 3

I like chile (I mean chili con carne) with jalapenos simmered on top. The heat permeates the chili without overpowering it. Next time I make chili I'm going to add a habanero and see if I survive. I like wasabi, especially on sushi. I inherited a love of horseradish skrimp cocktail sauce from my dad. He'd make cocktail sauce that was pink from the horseradish and Tabasco. 

I don't care much for buffalo sauce, though. Just don't care for the flavor.

• Like 1

I like a good hint of hot, but nothing that burns twice or over-powers the taste of other ingredients. Feeling a bit worm is ok, a sweaty forehead is too much.

Sambal Oelek is my favorite hot spice, it has its own flavor but is not enhanced by garlic or anything else. It has its origin in Thailand.

Talking about wasabi, a LOVE sashimi, and sushi. If I could get really fresh fish in town, I'd have it for lunch every day.

9645f697e8577d03ab-bcf6-4078-8273-0ec12c

Great ingredient for my Arrabbiata style pasta:

20210425_214346.jpg?width=2881&height=12

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Depends on what I am eating.   I use hot sauces every chance i get pretty much.  Some of them are rather potent such as the Mad Dog 357.  

Tastes nice and fruity at first before you begin your rapid decent into regret.  

Not too long ago i had a plate of food truck Tai food that was Tai hot....i doused it with a good amount of Da Bomb....and had an full on OC exposure.

Full on tears and snot.   It was epic.  The wife was not amused.  The kid thought dad was going to the ER.

Regular for me is Tobasco.  I love the stuff...fantastic on pizza.

• Like 1

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Historian said:

That stuff is very mild.  But it sure packs some flavor!  I love it.  Really great on eggs.

I never liked the flavor of regular Tabasco, or of most other hot sauces. I do like the flavor of Sriracha sauce. I've never tried the Tabasco Sriracha sauce. I need to give it a try. I really like the Tabasco Raspberry Chipotle, bit it is hard to find something it really goes well with.

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Do you enjoy spicy/hot foods? If so, what do you think your tolerance is for hot stuff and what’s your favorite spicy food?

I enjoy hot food. I think my tolerance is probably a 7 or so, on a scale from 1 to 10. My favorite type of spicy food is Mexican, especially New Mexican cuisine. I enjoy hot Italian foods as well. I’m not a fan of horseradish or wasabi kind of heat though. It isn’t the heat. It is the horrific flavor of it.

My favorite hot sauce is Tabasco Chipotle. I love the flavor, although I wouldn’t mind if it was a bit hotter.

How about you? 

I'm a fan of Tabasco Chipotle, too. Great flavor. I don't care for the regular Tabasco. Just heat, with no flavor. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric said:

I never liked the flavor of regular Tabasco, or of most other hot sauces. I do like the flavor of Sriracha sauce. I've never tried the Tabasco Sriracha sauce. I need to give it a try. I really like the Tabasco Raspberry Chipotle, bit it is hard to find something it really goes well with.

Never tried the raspberry version....but sounds like it would go great with a fish taco. 

As for the Tabasco Siracha....it's not bad at all.   Works nicely.   I like both the Tabasco and the true Siracha version.   Great stuff.

• Like 1

I love habanero peppers. I usually start my day with an egg scramble with three of four habaneros and an Anaheim pepper diced up along with anything else that I see fit to mix in with it.

I mixed diced habanero's in with my homemade salad dressing, and I even sprinkle candied habanero's on my vanilla ice cream.

I don't do this for the heat, although I am quite tolerant of it. I just love the taste of these little orange gifts from heaven!

I like other peppers too, but not all. I really do not like Poblanos or Jalepeno peppers, although I do really like Texas Pepper Trader Bread and Butter Jalapeños.

I think a lot of people overdo the hot in foods like chili. To much hot just kills the flavors to me.

• Like 1