22 AR'S and makers

ASH

when i bought my sw 10 15  last saturday , i looked at several .  had not planned on one but found good deal.  but i was miffed  to see a colt 

and even a HK  model  they felt and looked cheap , THEN  i noticed the colt was less money then SW  and hk  was little higher, and then upon

further review   there it was  made by   UMAREX   , I WAS  really surprised  on the HK  .   COLT  by walther  UMAREX .  got quite a few of suppressors before i knew about the colt wanted to see if threaded  and it was not and the barrel was a rod  that just rolled around in the tube lol.  

i gotta pay more attention to where name brand guns are made.  im happy with the SW .

• 4 weeks later...

The only one worth getting is the S&W M&P 15-22.   It’s done right and all the controls work exactly like an AR should.  Trigger parts even interchange.   I have a CMC flat faced 3.5 lb trigger in mine with a suppressor and a Vortex Sparc.   More fun than the law should allow.   Had mine for over five years and still going strong after many thousands of rounds.  

Edited by GlockPride
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jason D said:

What's the accuracy like with those?

The barrel twist rate in most AR barrels, is grossly incorrect for the .22 LR. Any signs of leading of the gas port?

Accuracy is about like any other .22.  Certainly no worse than some of my semiautomatic .22s.  I have not observed leading, although I don't shoot the heck out of the kits.  The reviews of the link I posted were 4.7/5, with about 90 reviews.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a dedicated 22 upper from Palmetto State Armory. I was building a 22 AR for my granddaughter. When I received it, I got it out of the box and found that the bolt carrier group was not locking up to the barrel. Had to send the BCG back and exchange it. Hopefully it will come soon and I can give a review. I also had an extra PSA upper I threw in for her so when she gets older she can shoot .223/5.56  

image.thumb.jpeg.67b0193d371ff89b6e5f146587fcf7a5.jpeg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
On 1/3/2018 at 1:39 PM, Huskerbuttons said:

I just bought a dedicated 22 upper from Palmetto State Armory. I was building a 22 AR for my granddaughter. When I received it, I got it out of the box and found that the bolt carrier group was not locking up to the barrel. Had to send the BCG back and exchange it. Hopefully it will come soon and I can give a review. I also had an extra PSA upper I threw in for her so when she gets older she can shoot .223/5.56  

image.thumb.jpeg.67b0193d371ff89b6e5f146587fcf7a5.jpeg

That is cool.  I have ordered way too often from PSA and somehow missed that they had 22lr uppers.   

I had (well have, but not sure where it is) a 22lr conversion kit for my ARs.  Accuracy was terrible past spittin distance.  Read that those 60gr SSS rounds from Aguila worked with the 223 barrel twist.  Could not get them to feed. 

Have since bought a 15-22 and love it.  Suppressed 15-22 + steel plates = fun.