Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

Bobby Bowden, the longtime Florida State football coach who ranks second all time in Division I wins, has died, the school announced Sunday morning.

He was 91.

"My father passed away peacefully early this morning with all six of his children and my mother here by his side," Bowden's son Terry said in a statement. "I couldn't have asked for a better personal mentor than my father. He was a wonderful husband and father, who relied on his strong Christian faith to provide the foundation for his life. I also was fortunate to be raised by a football coach who had a reputation for coaching the right way his entire career. He was admired by everyone who played for him or coached against him."

Bobby Bowden was diagnosed with a terminal medical condition in July. He did not disclose what the condition was at the time, although Terry later told reporters that it was pancreatic cancer.

"I've always tried to serve God's purpose for my life, on and off the field, and I am prepared for what is to come," Bobby Bowden said in a statement announcing the condition. "My wife Ann and our family have been life's greatest blessing. I am at peace."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31986091/long-florida-state-football-coach-bobby-bowden-dies-91

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Bobby Bowden, the longtime Florida State football coach who ranks second all time in Division I wins, has died, the school announced Sunday morning.

He was 91.

"My father passed away peacefully early this morning with all six of his children and my mother here by his side," Bowden's son Terry said in a statement. "I couldn't have asked for a better personal mentor than my father. He was a wonderful husband and father, who relied on his strong Christian faith to provide the foundation for his life. I also was fortunate to be raised by a football coach who had a reputation for coaching the right way his entire career. He was admired by everyone who played for him or coached against him."

Bobby Bowden was diagnosed with a terminal medical condition in July. He did not disclose what the condition was at the time, although Terry later told reporters that it was pancreatic cancer.

"I've always tried to serve God's purpose for my life, on and off the field, and I am prepared for what is to come," Bobby Bowden said in a statement announcing the condition. "My wife Ann and our family have been life's greatest blessing. I am at peace."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31986091/long-florida-state-football-coach-bobby-bowden-dies-91

His team lost to Tennessee in the first game to officially decide the national championship. A quality opponent who later took his school to new heights. 

• Like 2

Interpreting The Painting

At the National Art Gallery in Dublin, a husband and wife were staring at a portrait that had them completely confused. The painting depicted three black men totally naked, sitting on a bench.

Two of the figures had black penises, but the one in the middle had a pink penis. The curator of the gallery realized that they were having trouble interpreting the painting and offered his personal assessment.

He went on for over half an hour explaining how it depicted the sexual emasculation of African Americans in a predominately white patriarchal society. "In fact", he pointed out, "some serious critics believe that the pink penis also reflects the cultural and sociological oppression experienced by gay men in contemporary society".

After the curator left, an Irishman approached the couple and said, "Would you like to know what the painting is really about?"

"Now why would you claim to be more of an expert than the curator of the gallery", asked the couple?

"Because I am the artist, who painted the picture", he replied, "In fact, there are no African Americans depicted at all.

They're just three Irish coal miners. The guy in the middle went home for lunch" …

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/6/2021 at 8:44 PM, Cougar_ml said:

Why do you save the last page?

The little icon just before the thread title (star if you have posted there, solid circle if you haven't) will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

Can you post a screen shot of that "star" or "circle" please. My dumb old ass can't seem to find them!

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Cougar_ml / VinD, I'm sure I'm not doing it right because the 'star' just takes me to the first page in the thread, not the last visited page.

That’s all I get now. I have to forward to the last page on every thread then scroll down to the last post. It doesn’t just take me to the last read post anymore. 

• Like 2

Old joke redone.

Obongo and them two assholes
Obongo died in a fire and his body was burned badly. The morgue needed someone to identify the body, so they sent for his two closest liberal friends, Joe and Kamala. The three had always covered for each others lies and spread propaganda together and were long time members of an elitist club.
Joe arrived first, and when the mortician pulled back the sheet, Joe said, “Well, his face is burned up pretty bad. You better roll him over.”
The mortician rolled him over and Joe said, “Nope, it ain't Obongo.”
The mortician thought this was rather strange, so he brought Kamala in to confirm the identity of the body. Kamala looked at the body and said, “Yeah, he's pretty well burnt up, Roll him over.”
The mortician rolled him over and Kamala said, “No, it ain't Obongo.”
The mortician asked, “How can you tell?”
Kamala said, “Well, Obongo had two assholes.''
''What! He had two assholes?'' asked the mortician.
''Yes, we never seen 'em, but everybody used to say: 'There goes Obongo with them two assholes.' ''

• Thanks 1