Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

13 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I usually go to the latest page of posts in a threat. Once in awhile I go backwards, and often am amazed at the posts I missed. 

I save the last page I looked at for each and every thread I peruse and that's where I start when I visit again ... for each thread just for that reason

6 minutes ago, crockett said:

I tend to ignore those long threads increasingly, especially when its just copy & past images, memes or videos.

It just looks like a hunt for the post counter or likes, with not much value.

I always preferred quality over quantity.

A personal story or photo is so much more interesting than some of that garbage to be found on the internet.

Amen. I am bad about posting memes BUT the only meme's I repost are those that stir something within me and I'm hoping someone else will feel the same. I was posting in the other threads and it seemed like it was just a race to post "the most meme's" and not to find the "selected for quality meme's."

But if I post a video, you need to watch it because it will be good, either from an intellectual or a comical viewpoint. I am very selective when it comes to wasting my time and my friends time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I save the last page I looked at for each and every thread I peruse and that's where I start when I visit again ... for each thread just for that reason

*snip*

Why do you save the last page?

The little icon just before the thread title (star if you have posted there, solid circle if you haven't) will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Why do you save the last page?

The little icon just before the thread title (star if you have posted there, solid circle if you haven't) will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

Well .... learn something new every day if you pay attention and ...

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Ooh, I get high with a little help from my friends
Ooh, gonna try with a little help from my friends

Thanks .. friend.

• Like 2

And so everybody knows, I didn't come start this thread to separate myself or my input from everybody because I seriously like this site and the people I have "met" here. I started this because you can carpet bomb meme's to the point where no one reads them. I HOPE I have proven myself to be a bit more selective. If I post it, I'm hoping you had a reaction, whether it be laughter, anger, empathy or even a bowel movement. 

• Like 1

The curious nature of threads…

I have started several threads addressing specific items. Usually they get a few comments. Sometimes very few comments. Once in awhile the thread will go on a number of pages.

Sooner or later, though, comments cease and the thread drifts back into site history.

Most threads follow this path.

A few threads - trains, planes, automobiles - are periodically discovered and brought back to the front by fresh posts.

Funny how that works. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

The curious nature of threads…

I have started several threads addressing specific items. Usually they get a few comments. Sometimes very few comments. Once in awhile the thread will go on a number of pages.

Sooner or later, though, comments cease and the thread drifts back into site history.

Most threads follow this path.

A few threads - trains, planes, automobiles - are periodically discovered and brought back to the front by fresh posts.

Funny how that works. 

Specific topics are hard to keep rolling for extended periods of time. Guns and related topics outlast all others in my opinion. And my thread may die a painful death one day but I knew that when I typed out the title.

• Like 1