Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I don't know where to post stuff that crosses lines without stirring the fire so I'm going to put stuff here.

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Is this political OR is it a meme?

Cuomo - Duct-Taped To Airplane Seat.jpg

I think you are overthinking this, man. I gave up on the Random Posting thread. You guys have at it. Like I said, I want all the COVID stuff in the COVID thread, or in new threads that you start, but other than that, I’m good. 

I keep saying that it is about balance, but no one seems to get my meaning. The occasional political joke/meme/whatever in the Random thread is not an issue. Pages of them there become an issue. In all things moderation. 

Post in the Random Posting thread. If you want to post here, post here or post in both of them. I’m ok with it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

I think you are overthinking this, man. I gave up on the Random Posting thread. You guys have at it. Like I said, I want all the COVID stuff in the COVID thread, or in new threads that you start, but other than that, I’m good. 

I keep saying that it is about balance, but no one seems to get my meaning. The occasional political joke/meme/whatever in the Random thread is not an issue. Pages of them there become an issue. In all things moderation. 

Post in the Random Posting thread. If you want to post here, post here or post in both of them. I’m ok with it. 

Hey, we're good as far as I'm concerned. I just don't want to be THE problem.

Well, I hate that you had to give up on your plan. I said that you needed to point out the offending meme's so we could get an idea of what was chapping your arse. My moderator is different than your moderator. Anyway, not trying to try your nerves, just trying to keep from getting my paint chipped.

PS. I SWORE once I got out of the Army that I wouldn't take any more a$$chewing for other people. SO, If I pi$$ you off on your blog, chap MY ass about it, not anybody else. Same thing with other people. I'm a grown man, people should pay for doing stupid or malicious crap.

• Thanks 1

Okay, putting more ancient logos here. This is 15 out of about 35. Should I post the answers now or on Sunday afternoon? I will post the rest of the logos next Friday. These are for the old schoolers, don't be cheating with that wide wide world search crud.

UPDATE: Gonna go ahead and post the answers today. See post below on 8.7.2021.

Puzzles - Logo - 2 copy.png

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Okay, putting more ancient logos here. This is 15 out of about 35. Should I post the answers now or on Sunday afternoon? I will post the rest of the logos next Friday. These are for the old schoolers, don't be cheating with that wide wide world search crud.

Puzzles - Logo - 2 copy.png

2. Kellogs

3. Schlitz or Stroh's beer.  They use the same S

4. Hoover ?

5. Wilson

6. IBM ?

7. Kodak

8. Coca Cola

11. Ford

12. Rolls?

4 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

You're gonna need to be a little more specific with your comment for me to know how to react. That comment leaves a lot of room for interpretation, sir.

I enjoyed your posts in the other large thread but probably missed many because they get spammed every day by others. So starting your own thread makes sense, less risk that others will spam it, and I won't miss anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two informally dressed ladies happened to start up a conversation during an endless wait in the LAX airport. The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man.

The second was a well-mannered elderly woman from the South.

When the conversation centered on whether they had any children, the California woman started by saying, “When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me.”

The lady from the South commented, “Well, bless your heart.”

The first woman continued, “When my second child was born, my husband bought me a beautiful Mercedes-Benz.”

Again, the lady from the South commented,

“Well, bless your heart.”

The first woman continued boasting, “Then, when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet.”

Yet again, the Southern lady commented, “Well, bless your heart.”

The first woman then asked her companion, “What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child?”

“My husband sent me to charm school,” declared the Southern lady.

“Charm school?” the first woman cried, “Oh, my God! What on earth for?”

The Southern lady responded, “Well, for example, instead of saying, ‘Who gives a sh*t? ’ I learned to say, ‘Well, bless your heart’…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, crockett said:

I enjoyed your posts in the other large thread but probably missed many because they get spammed every day by others. So starting your own thread makes sense, less risk that others will spam it, and I won't miss anything.

I usually go to the latest page of posts in a threat. Once in awhile I go backwards, and often am amazed at the posts I missed. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I usually go to the latest page of posts in a threat. Once in awhile I go backwards, and often am amazed at the posts I missed. 

I tend to ignore those long threads increasingly, especially when its just copy & past images, memes or videos.

It just looks like a hunt for the post counter or likes, with not much value.

I always preferred quality over quantity.

A personal story or photo is so much more interesting than some of that garbage to be found on the internet.

• Like 2