Interesting and funny Facts

Swampfox762

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Someone who has Geomelophagia also has the urge to eat raw potatoes. I thought they called that being Irish? :anim_lol:I used to eat bits of raw potato when I was a kid. My mother always said it would make me sick, but it never did. Unless... Maybe that is why I turned out this way! Damn your eyes, you tasty tubers!!!

I use to, and still do like Raw Taters.  Use to, eat slices as I was Loadin my Potato gun.  No ****.

image.png.f2637caae03e087c1bfebf5069f541d5.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

Try this one.

Pleasant Valley Pheasant Pluckers

Not the toughest but fun at church functions. 🙂

• Haha 3

• Administrators

The Olympic world record for the longest human long jump is greater than the world record for longest horse long jump. Mike Powell set the record in 1991 by jumping 8.95 meters, and the horse Extra Dry set the record in 1900 by jumping 6.10 meters.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Eric said:

Most toilets flush in E flat. My toilet wails in the chord of G Demolished.

Supposedly the water swirling out goes one direction in toilets north of the equator and opposite hand south of the equator. Can’t recall which is clockwise.

The source was silent about water swirling direction for toilets precisely on the equator. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Does the Statue of Liberty do this at all?

I don't know. The Eiffel Tower's is a simple iron structure whose superstructure is exposed to the sun, which can act directly on it. The Statue of Liberty is a copper-clad iron frame. Any metal will expand and contract with temperature changes, but I doubt if the two structures react in the same way to sun exposure. I wonder if the Statue of Liberty has problems with fatigue cracks forming at the rivet points, since the copper skin expands and contracts at a different rate than the iron frame?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Does the Statue of Liberty do this at all?

It does this.

5 Things You May Not Know About the Statue of Liberty
  1. The statue represents a Roman Goddess. ...
  2. The crown's spikes represent the oceans and continents. ...
  3. Lady Liberty is struck by lightning 600 times every year. ...
  4. Gustave Eiffel helped to build it. ...
  5. Lady Liberty's face is modelled on the artist's mother.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Jack Daniels died from an injured toe. He injured it kicking a safe. The toe became infected and the infection eventually killed him. I wonder if he kicked the safe on purpose?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Eric said:

Jack Daniels died from an injured toe. He injured it kicking a safe. The toe became infected and the infection eventually killed him. I wonder if he kicked the safe on purpose?

According to the tale told during the distillery tour Mr Daniels became angry because he couldn’t get the safe open so he kicked it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1