COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

newly published medical study found that infection from COVID-19 confers considerably longer-lasting and stronger protection against the Delta variant of the virus than vaccines.

“The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a ‘Don’t try this at home’ label,” the Scientific American reported Thursday. “The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.”

Put another way, vaccinated individuals were 27 times more likely to get a symptomatic COVID infection than those with natural immunity from COVID.

https://fee.org/articles/harvard-epidemiologist-says-the-case-for-covid-vaccine-passports-was-just-demolished/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_TBKsWo0aGHLdgjXbY_u8O8tJg.PX3NDoryrZ2MBi6bI-1630516240-0-gqNtZGzNAtCjcnBszQg9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Fellow hunter in good health just died of covid after a week long battle. Was a healthy man and younger than me. It's real folks.

No doubt, and never really doubted this. The issue is how serious the risk.

I've lost an older cousin, my son-in-law lost a younger cousin, two very good friends came down with it and basically recovered. Neighbor transcribes medical records and had three or four cases last week. 

• Like 2

State of Alaska is offering $49,000 if you get the vaccine. You enter a lottery with a weekly prize of 49K (it is the 49th state after all) According to the politicians that want to steal our Permanent fund dividend, the state is broke, and yet it can pay out a half million dollars in winnings in the next 2 months to entice people to take the shot.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

State of Alaska is offering $49,000 if you get the vaccine. You enter a lottery with a weekly prize of 49K (it is the 49th state after all) According to the politicians that want to steal our Permanent fund dividend, the state is broke, and yet it can pay out a half million dollars in winnings in the next 2 months to entice people to take the shot.

Just goes to show ya how MUCH the govt. American and State...wants to get this jab into americans....WHY???  ******* WHY??? It Ain't bout "The Virus"....It's not Walt.  Did ya see this?

cozy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

No doubt, and never really doubted this. The issue is how serious the risk.

I've lost an older cousin, my son-in-law lost a younger cousin, two very good friends came down with it and basically recovered. Neighbor transcribes medical records and had three or four cases last week. 

It was "designed" to be like the Flu...just with more deaths.... But it's NOT.  The media is just making it SEEM like it.  How many people have died from the FLU this year???  Is the FLU EVEN Still OUT there??? 

Answer me THAT???  IS it??? 

How many of ya know ANYONE that got the "Flu" this year... Uh, huh....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

It was "designed" to be like the Flu...just with more deaths.... But it's NOT.  The media is just making it SEEM like it.  How many people have died from the FLU this year???  Is the FLU EVEN Still OUT there??? 

Answer me THAT???  IS it??? 

How many of ya know ANYONE that got the "Flu" this year... Uh, huh....

But they say its because of masks, hand washing and social distancing that the flu has gone extinct.... 

• Confused 1

How many people die from the flu?

The CDC estimates that an average of 36,000 people died of the flu each year over the past decade. The worst recent flu season was 2017-2018, when 61,000 people died from the flu. Around 22,000 people died of the flu during the shorter 2019-2020 season — the second lowest death total in the past 10 years, after the 12,000 flu deaths in the 2011-2012 season.

Since not everyone sick with the flu visits a doctor, and not all flu deaths occur in the hospital, the CDC uses mathematical modeling based on its surveillance data to estimate the total number of illnesses and deaths. This model considers factors like testing frequency, the likelihood of seeking medical care, and underreporting on death certificates. The flu can lead to death by pneumonia, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease — in which case flu testing may occur too late or not at all.

• Like 3

I always like to compare relative risks when looking at threats. How many people die in auto accidents or from heart disease, compared to deaths from ChinaVirus? Why haven't we applied similar societal constraints on these and other ways to die in the modern world? I agree that it's real, but I also think it's too good an opportunity for government abuse to pass up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida will start issuing $5,000 fines to businesses, schools and government agencies that require people to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill earlier this year that banned vaccine passports. The fines will start Sept. 16 if people are asked to show proof of a vaccine.

http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/2021/09/ask-for-covid-vaccine-proof-face-5000.html#more

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Every TV news report (Fox13) about a Covid death here in Tampa Bay shows a person who was seriously obese/overweight. Every single one of them.

Maybe that is they majority of folks who live there. My friend who just died of covid was a lean and mean healthy man who hunted in the Alaska mountains. Non smoker and non drinker.