COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Why was he unvaxxed?

For political or medical reasons?

I don't know.  I know his adult children are getting vaxxed now.

It seems that obesity is a big contributing factor.  The last study I saw said that from BMI of 23 and up things got bad pretty quickly.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

It seems that obesity is a big contributing factor.  The last study I saw said that from BMI of 23 and up things got bad pretty quickly.

0AB3AB01-D2DA-4432-A769-1CAD17BE82A4.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Regardless if weight is a major contributing factor (but it seems to be) I will say that I retired and have lost 35lbs.  This has caused my blood Press to drop and I stopped BP meds.  

No special diet just no constant snacks, cakes cookies etc that were always in the office.  :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NPTim said:

0AB3AB01-D2DA-4432-A769-1CAD17BE82A4.jpeg

NPTim,  How much does metal instead of bone figure in?  I'm 6 and when I weighed 190 I looked like a skelaton.  

1 - 18' femur nail

1 -  knee

2 - ankles.

Just wonder if there is a factor for this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GT4494 said:

NPTim,  How much does metal instead of bone figure in?  I'm 6 and when I weighed 190 I looked like a skelaton.  

1 - 18' femur nail

1 -  knee

2 - ankles.

Just wonder if there is a factor for this.

You have an 18 foot femur nail in? Jeez. JK I get it is 18”.

I don’t know the answer to your question.

I will say this, that body builders will show as overweight to obese and have <10% body fat.

I have never liked this chart. I believe it doesn’t take into account variables, like your situation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NPTim said:

You have an 18 foot femur nail in? Jeez. JK I get it is 18”.

I don’t know the answer to your question.

I will say this, that body builders will show as overweight to obese and have <10% body fat.

I have never liked this chart. I believe it doesn’t take into account variables, like your situation.

Yeah, BMI is an estimate of fitness at best.  I'm a 22 BMI, at 6 feet, 160ish.  I think that I'm in better shape than that suggests given I wear a 31 waist and a 42 chest.  

I think at some point we will all have contracted some variant of Covid.  Want to maximize your chances?  Get vaccinated.  Maintain a healthy body weight.  Properly medicate if you have hypertension.  Get plenty of sunlight or supplement vitamin D.