Please Donate - G19 Up For Grabs

Eric

You can find the donation system here: http://theboresite.com/donate/make-donation/ . It is also linked to at the top of the right column on all forum index pages.
When you donate, you have the option of paying by Pay Pal, or by check or money order. If you want to pay by check or money order, simply click on the dropdown list labelled 'Select Payment Option - Pay Pal or Mail-In '. The default option dispayed is 'Pay Pal', but you can click n it and change it to 'Mail-In Payment'. If you do so, you will see a screen with the mail-in address, when you submit the donation form.
I'm assuming it's okay to share with non-board members?

If so I'll share the link around.

TBO

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TBO said:

I'm assuming it's okay to share with non-board members?

If so I'll share the link around.

TBO

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

I’d appreciate that, as long as it won’t violate other site’s posting rules. I wouldn’t want to cause trouble on other people’s sites. Thanks, 

• Like 3

• Administrators

Just a heads-up. I am going to be performing a site software update in the next few days. It is a major update and it will involve a couple of hours of downtime. Once completed, there may be some bugs to track down. I've been putting off this upgrade because it is going to be a PITA, but I need to get it done.

I'll do the update at midnight or after, whe I do it. I'll post a message with the time and date, when I get ready to do it. The only thing that I know it is going to break is part of the bad word filter. I am referring to the bad word filter that I paid a guy to write for the site, back in 2017. It allows each member to turn the filter on or off for themselves. The filter side will still work, but the option in the user account settings area that allows you to change your preference will disappear. So make sure your setting is where you want it.

You can change your bad word filter setting by clicking on your user name, in the upper-left corner. On the list that drops down, look for an 'Account Settings' option and click it. On that page, look for a 'Badwords Filter Settings' link, under the 'Other Settings' category, on the left. I am describing this for people using a computer to view the site. Things may be in a little different position on mobile devices, but the options will be on the same pages. If you use Tapatalk, I don't believe you can change your account settings from the Tapatalk app. I never use that app and I'm not sure. If you cannot, you will need to log in to the site directly, if you want to change that option.

Anyway, I have successfully updated the software on a test instance of the site, on my local computer. So, I'm not expecting any surprises. Of course, that is just when they prefer to bite you in the ass. We will see, I guess. Thanks.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I posted several things late last night and wondered why no one had responded, before I realized that I had posted them on my local test instance of the site. :biggrin:

• Haha 3

• Eric unpinned this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I’ve noticed this evening that the Donations widget is acting a little wonky.

For those of you that don’t know, the site now has a light and a dark them that you can choose between. In the toolbar at the top of the page is a half-moon icon, that switches back and forth between them. I’ve noticed that the donations interface boxes are not showing up some of the time, on the light theme. If you try to make a donation and you are using the light them and you do not see the donations box near the top of the page, please click on the half-moon icon and you should see the donations box there.

The G19 giveaway donations drive ends Sunday night. I’m worried that this freaking donations app might be keeping latecomers from participating. If you have trouble finding or using the donations system, please let me know here in this thread, or in a Private Message. Thanks. 

• Eric featured this topic
  • Eric unfeatured this topic
  • Eric unpinned this topic