Savage Centerfire Rifles. I have high hopes.

jame

It just kinda landed in my lap.  I’ve never owned Savage, well, anything.  

I don’t know what specific model this is other than a 110, but it seems to have some nice chops.

Its just a range toy, but we all hope like hell our toys work right, don’t we?

BE32FCA6-9ECB-4D40-ABE8-4391A7650092.jpeg

B8E2DECE-961A-4D61-8A12-B9ABA79367A1.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Good rifles. Simple and a bit plain looking but great shooters. 

Nothing special about them except they shoot better than a lot of guys can shoot.  

I had a 110 in .308 that took quiet a few deer.

You can spend a lot more...but Savage just makes a standard.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, jame said:

I don’t know what specific model this is other than a 110, but it seems to have some nice chops.

Its just a range toy, but we all hope like hell our toys work right, don’t we?

That is a nice looking rifle.  What cartridge does it shoot?

Big Savage fan here and I’ll put one of their NIB centerfires up against my Mark V Accumark every day of the week. Many folks simply see their reasonable price-point and figure they aren’t the quality of some other, pricier rifles out there. 

34 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Remington used to make the most accurate out of the box American made bolt action rifle rifles but now that honor goes to Savage. I like their accu-triggers, too, and the accu-stock bedding system.

I can not argue against this statement.   Its true.   Remington still makes a great rifle...but I think Savage has over take them.

Unless you need a custom for some reason.  They will last a long time.  

3 hours ago, jame said:

It’s a .308.

Yeah. So i have a good number of years behind one.

Good luck out shooting that 110.   It's going to be great as long as the barrel is in good shape.  Even then there are great replacements.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 3:12 PM, Borg warner said:

Remington used to make the most accurate out of the box American made bolt action rifle rifles but now that honor goes to Savage. I like their accu-triggers, too, and the accu-stock bedding system.

This.  You have a very serviceable rifle that should shoot extremely well if the barrel bore and crown are in good shape.  Enjoy.

Edited by Gunboat1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I had a Savage .300 Win Mag. It was a very accurate rifle. I’d love to get a Savage 110BA, in .338 Lapua. I’ve put a few rounds downrange with one. The recoil wasn’t bad and the rifle shot some tight groups. That caliber would prove very persuasive on a target as well, I imagine. 

283C41BD-366E-4851-8438-D5A425968A8B.jpeg.63561bd384528481c1bddc24dff5bffa.jpeg

Savage mekes some very accurate rifles. The one I had would beat the living daylights out of you. 30 06 and after 5 shots I couldn't shift gears to drive home. It was brutal. That aside, it was a shooter. My 7MM had less recoil by a very wide margin.

I don't know if they revisited the stock angle to remedy this, but it wasn't all pleasant.