In the spirit of giving

astepup

I just made a batch of my World Famous Billy Chili and thought it'd be fun to share the recipe. IIRC this won some California Fireman chili cook-off years ago. I've tweaked it a bit as I didn't think the original had enough meat in it. I hope you both try and enjoy it.

IMG_20171111_200104074.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Just cook the sirloin as a big steak, thin slice, cube it?  The directions are pretty straight forward for someone that has already done it once or twice before, but might need a little more detail for someone that has never cooked chili before.  

Sorry about that little tidbit. I cube it into about one inch squares. When fully cooked it almost melts in your mouth. The prunes are for both color and they do add flavor, but I honestly can't tell if it's a bit sweeter with them in. It has a "slow burn" to it. Not spicy hot but not bland in any way.

Edited by astepup
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2017 at 3:03 AM, stevekozak said:

Beans don't belong in chili. You are welcome. :599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Says one guy out of 20.

I don't think it should include cinnamon or spaghetti noodles, either, but in Cincinnati it damned sure does.  Just ask 'em.

1 hour ago, jame said:

Says one guy out of 20.

I don't think it should include cinnamon or spaghetti noodles, either, but in Cincinnati it damned sure does.  Just ask 'em.

I figured this site needed a good bean discussion. :D

As to beans, noodles, cinnamon, well, some folks can't help being troglodytes, bless their hearts:anim_rofl2:

Beans don't belong in chili. You are welcome

Well, it is certainly true that chili doesn't automatically have beans in it, but there's nothing that says beans can't be added to chili.  What is important to understand that it isn't just plain chili anymore--it becomes chili with beans.

Where people get confused is thinking that chili automatically means "contains beans".

Edited by JohnKSa

• 5 years later...