My new knife thread

Dric902

This came to the house about three years ago.  Best hunting and fishing knife I've ever owned.  Waited four years.   

Model 26 Path Finder.

Randall Knives Model 26 Pathfinder - KLC11951 | Cutting Edge

This one should be here in about 9 months. This is a model five Camp and Trail.

YOUWANTIT2 - RANDALL KNIFE MODEL 5 CAMP AND TRAIL SS STAG

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TBO said:

How "grippy" is that handle?

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

Not one of mine. But I have worked with resin before, it looks good and shines but it doesn’t slip. 
if it gets wet may be different, but they work well.

if you do a “coke bottle” shape to the handle it helps a lot for stuff that isn’t very tactile.

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

While doing a knife thread, lets go to the polar opposite of most of what I've seen here. 3/4 tang, extremely comfortable to hold, tough, sharp, just enough flex to make it interesting and meticulous, can be used for batoning, but I wouldn't do that with any knife, given a choice. The best $15 knife you can get.  I have a 3.5 in blade for fishing and cutting bait. It is carbon steel, and I put a patina on it, the blade turned almost black. Kinda cool. It also protects the carbon steel. The SS version, shown, is 4.1 inches or the like. Sweedish steel, and a fine utility and outdoor knife.

318jOdjeZ9L._AC_.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

53c3kc.jpg

For $2.87, Walmart offers this Ozark Trail 4" bait knife which is a more affordable copy of a Mora. 

It's sterile, with no markings, like spies prefer. The best $3 knife you can get. :banana:

Interesting. If I ever ran across one of these I ignored it. The thing seems oddly familiar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I would have ignored the Morakniv as well, had it not been so highly regarded in so many camping, and woodsman places I visit. Sometimes a gem can be found. It does seem the secret is out. The prices have been going up steadily the past year or so. I paid $10 for my SS during a Christmas discount, and $8 something for the smaller one a while back. The $15 is still a bargain, but is today's pricing, I peeked since I had to find a picture.