My new knife thread

Dric902

1 minute ago, LostinTexas said:

The stockman just moved up a size last year; My hands are beginning to revolt and the small is hard to handle a lot of days. The medium is filling the bill so far. Not sure if there is a "medium" canoe, so if the hands revolt further, the canoe is the next size up and a slimmer profile. Don't want a screwdriver handle in my pocket day in and day out.

My CMDCM used to shake his head at me carrying the old school pocket folder, but knew it was pure comfort and useful. Heck of a man, he was.

You should look at the Case knife forum. They have a wealth of information.   I'm a member of the collector's society.    Case knives are like potato chips.  You can't just have one.

I have a jumbo stockman that is a beast.  That is my go to when working on a fence line or something.   It's just the right kind of knife for the right reasons.  But it is fairly big.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Historian said:

You should look at the Case knife forum. They have a wealth of information.   I'm a member of the collector's society.    Case knives are like potato chips.  You can't just have one.

I have a jumbo stockman that is a beast.  That is my go to when working on a fence line or something.   It's just the right kind of knife for the right reasons.  But it is fairly big.

LOL, I have a full grown trapper. Love the knife, but still not too fond of the Samurai Sword that unfolds from it. It certainly serves a purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

I like that antler handle. Looks to be a nice size for maneuvering and good blade angel 

One I would pick for myself if looking. Sweet.

I'm amazed there aren't more here with it being Christmas and all.

Thank you. 

I left this one in the hands of Randall.  They chose how to make that knife the way it is.  I can tell you it's perfect for it's purpose of cleaning game animals.   I've cleaned a couple deer and hogs with it.   My only regret was not ordering it many years ago.   That knife was not purchased to be a safe queen but be a working knife.

23 minutes ago, Historian said:

Thank you. 

I left this one in the hands of Randall.  They chose how to make that knife the way it is.  I can tell you it's perfect for it's purpose of cleaning game animals.   I've cleaned a couple deer and hogs with it.   My only regret was not ordering it many years ago.   That knife was not purchased to be a safe queen but be a working knife.

I'm one of those "If you ain't usin it, why did you buy it" kind of guys. It does look very handy.

10 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

I'm one of those "If you ain't usin it, why did you buy it" kind of guys. It does look very handy.

Yeah, i knew I made the right choice in ordering that knife.   Quality that will last forever.  As long as you don't use it as a prybar.

• Like 1