All I really care about these days

crockett

1 hour ago, Hook said:

I hope those are your feet Crockett and your not some weirdo foot fetish dude. I could enjoy that beach with lots of margaritas and hotties to bang. 

:D I posted this thread while standing in the water.

That beach is the only place where I can forget all the crap that is going on. Looks like I have fought all my battles and make every day count with the simple things in life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crockett said:

:D I posted this thread while standing in the water.

That beach is the only place where I can forget all the crap that is going on. Looks like I have fought all my battles and make every day count with the simple things in life.

That is one helluva nice beach. I got 3 feet of snow out my door so i am just a tad jealous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook said:

That is one helluva nice beach. I got 3 feet of snow out my door so i am just a tad jealous.

I spent well over 3 decades in rainy, cold, grey and depressive weather. We are talking not seeing the sun for 4 weeks and such. The "summer" lasted about 6 weeks a year with only 74 to 84 F. It took me a lot of effort to escape that hellhole. Tropical weather and a proper beach was probably my biggest goal in life.

7 hours ago, crockett said:

...and you?

B632DE77-9860-4A04-99CE-79CC78D4774E.jpeg

3DCA6072-A0BB-4AAC-A6F5-298EAED1B955.jpeg

I really envy you!

Yesterday I got a post card in the mail telling me how to pay my "fine" to the District Court.

I called my city police department to find out what I'm being fined for.

They called the Minneapolis Police Department and told me I was in violation for abandoning a Chrysler Car in Minneapolis.  Then they told me the Plate number, which is the plate on my new car, not a Chrysler.

I haven't owned a Chrysler for over 50 years.

I spent almost three hours trying to contact the Court.

They told me to write a letter to explain why I didn't believe I deserved this violation.

I sent them the statement that that plate number was on my registration for my new 2021 Nissan.  I also received no notice of the violation till the postcard.

I have both my plates with the proper numbers on the car.  So no one stole one of them.

I told them I was issued these plates at the turn of this year and they are listed on my state vehicle registration certificate.

I doubt that the Motor Vehicle issued two sets of plates with the same numbers.

I offered that the most logical explanation was the some one copied the plate number wrong and turned it into mine.

Then I sent it into the black hole called the court system and was told that if I didn't hear from them by May 30th I had to pay the fine. 

I guess Minneapolis is running the same type of bureaucracy in the courts as they are in the city.

I just hate the idea of having to drive from my city, down to Minneapolis, and appear in court for some one else's dumb mistake.

I wish I were at the beach with you!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I really envy you!

Yesterday I got a post card in the mail telling me how to pay my "fine" to the District Court.

They called the Minneapolis Police Department and told me I was in violation for abandoning a Chrysler Car in Minneapolis.  Then they told me the Plate number, which is the plate on my new car, not a Chrysler.

They told me to write a letter to explain why I didn't believe I deserved this violation.

I sent them the statement that that plate number was on my registration for my new 2021 Nissan.  I also received no notice of the violation till the postcard.

I have both my plates with the proper numbers on the car.  So no one stole one of them.

I told them I was issued these plates at the turn of this year and they are listed on my state vehicle registration certificate.

I offered that the most logical explanation was the some one copied the plate number wrong and turned it into mine.

Then I sent it into the black hole called the court system and was told that if I didn't hear from them by May 30th I had to pay the fine. 

I guess Minneapolis is running the same type of bureaucracy in the courts as they are in the city.

I just hate the idea of having to drive from my city, down to Minneapolis, and appear in court for some one else's dumb mistake.

That's a first class example why I'm getting "out" of all this nonsense as much as possible. Becoming more grey, and simplifying life as much as possible.

The simple things in life make it worthwhile, its not achievements, money or stuff.

Time, health, location. That's all that really matters in the end. Throw in family for those that have a good one around.

I take what I have left and see my "happy-place" as much as possible.

If you ever make it down to the west coast of Florida, I'd love to hang out at the beach.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I really envy you!

Any and all action on your part to prove your innocence is futile, for you hath run afoul of SuperAmerica, gathered in their citadel  in Coon Rapids.,

Nor only will you have to pay the unfair fine, you will also be labelled as a QAnon disciple, charged with sedition and insurrection and vehemently condemned by the news media.

Your offense?

Daring to assert that government can be wrong.

That, or you have inadvertently annoyed TBO.

:biggrin:

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

I’d love to, at some point. Riding was always my reset switch.

I feel ya. Somewhat in the same boat... I'd just hate getting run over after all. And chances are high in Florida.

Then again...

images.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, crockett said:

I feel ya. Somewhat in the same boat... I'd just hate getting run over after all. And chances are high in Florida.

Then again...

images.jpeg.jpg

As many fast bikes as I have ridden hard and fast cars I have driven fast, I am actuarially improbable, at this point. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, crockett said:

I spent well over 3 decades in rainy, cold, grey and depressive weather. We are talking not seeing the sun for 4 weeks and such. The "summer" lasted about 6 weeks a year with only 74 to 84 F. It took me a lot of effort to escape that hellhole. Tropical weather and a proper beach was probably my biggest goal in life.

On the Olympic Peninsula?