Church shooting threads locked...

PNWguy

In three out of four forums I frequented last night, TBS was the only site that didn't lock and completely remove a thread on the church shooting.  Of course, not a whole lot of participation, either...

GT, a Christian site, and another gun site had enough people on there that couldn't be respectful of others to the point that the threads had to be locked and completely erased.  I mean, c'mon, 26 people were massacred in a church in Texas, including women and children, and you still have to bash people's faith and drag Trump into it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Conservatives always get mad at the media for politicizing these shootings yet they do the exact same thing. We don't even wait until the dead have been removed from the scene before we start arguing and bitching about the media, liberals, fake news, Obama and god knows what else. Most gun owners start pointing fingers and throwing out conspiracy theories before even offering condolences. 

It's disgusting honestly and makes me understand why we get made fun of by the left. We appear heartless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PNWguy said:

In three out of four forums I frequented last night, TBS was the only site that didn't lock and completely remove a thread on the church shooting.  Of course, not a whole lot of participation, either...

GT, a Christian site, and another gun site had enough people on there that couldn't be respectful of others to the point that the threads had to be locked and completely erased.  I mean, c'mon, 26 people were massacred in a church in Texas, including women and children, and you still have to bash people's faith and drag Trump into it?

I was visiting only one other forum last night.

And as a point of interest that you brought up; here are links to threads that haven't been locked or removed:

http://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/91955-Texas-Shooter-May-Be-a-Convert-to-Islam

Currently: 58 replies | 2940 view(s)

http://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/91947-Church-Shooting-in-Texas-Multiple-Victims

Currently: 290 replies | 2171 view(s)

7 hours ago, Gobigorange said:

It's disgusting honestly and makes me understand why we get made fun of by the left. We appear heartless.

I agree that it happens on conservative sites and by conservatives.  And it is disgusting.  But I disagree with your statement that just because conservatives do it too it's "understandable" why we get made fun of by the left.  The left does it 100 times more than conservatives and to a level approaching pure evil.  And if you think conservatives appear heartless, then you have not seen what absolutely cruel and evil things liberals have said about tragedies.

What about the liberal lawyer that tweeted she didn't care about the Las Vegas Shootings since they were white and gun rights supporters?  There have been thousands of cruel and insensitive comments made on social media by liberals and leftists mocking the Las Vegas victims and other conservative victims of violence.

The thread that got locked and removed on the Christian site was due to liberal Christians who politicized it and blamed Trump and NRA members.  They turned it ugly almost immediately.  The GT thread got locked and removed due in part to atheists getting offended about another poster making disparaging remarks about atheists (which the shooter was).  Then other people running high on emotion got angry and posted insults back and forth.  It was really low key and not too ugly compared to the Christian site and the other site, but GT is a different place now where the moderation is inconsistent and confusing.  But I digress.

No, conservatives do not deserve to be made fun of by the left; they are 100 times more heartless and insensitive than us.

• Like 1

in this day and age  i dont think internet forums should have any sub forums dealing with race, politics , religion  , cops , robbers  ,  the  world is just in shambles 

its a powder keg  and everyone is short tempered . 

now i do think forums dedicated  to those topics is fine so you know what you get in too.  but if i owned a site i would not touch with 100 foot pole.  and i think the sites

you mentioned are not in any way family sites  .  but when you have gun forums  that crap never mixes well . it would be like having a tattoo and pit bull forums  , they will never

work .  thats my 2 cents  

i will add  my wife is pro gun she conceal carry  and sometimes out shoot me but she has been to some sites  i am a member and she says wtf  everyone fighting and some of those people are nuts  and makes us look bad . lol  

Edited by ASH
  • Like 3

we live in a world of instant gratification and self involvement.

no one has time for anyone else`s opinion and thinks their opinion is the only thing that counts.

it`s sad but more and more true.

i think common respect and decency are not so common anymore.

and common sense has become a rarity.

too many people only see the differences,not the similarities anymore.

• Like 4

On 11/6/2017 at 10:43 AM, Gobigorange said:

Conservatives always get mad at the media for politicizing these shootings yet they do the exact same thing. We don't even wait until the dead have been removed from the scene before we start arguing and bitching about the media, liberals, fake news, Obama and god knows what else. Most gun owners start pointing fingers and throwing out conspiracy theories before even offering condolences. 

Most gun owners I know only wish they had been in a position to take action to stop the murders.  Is that heartless?  Most liberals cry and curl up into the fetal position, whimpering for their mommies, and waiting for somebody--anybody--to rescue them.  Most liberals fail to admit that most mass killings in America are committed by Muslim terrorists.

See how easy it is to assume a "holier than thou" position and start making generalizations?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fortyofforty said:

Most liberals fail to admit that most mass killings in America are committed by Muslim terrorists.

See how easy it is to assume a "holier than thou" position and start making generalizations?

False... As much as you would love for that to be true, only a handful of mass shootings have been committed by Muslims.

Muslim Attacks:

San Bernardino, Orlando, Ft Hood

non Muslim Attacks:

Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine, Aurora, San Ysidro CA(McDonalds), Luby's Cafeteria, Sutherland Springs, University of Texas, Washington Naval Yard, Binghamton NY, Edmond, Ok, 

Don't forgot Charleston SC and Oak Creek Wisconsin which were done by racist white supremacists.

Now it appears YOU are the one making generalizations.

5 minutes ago, Gobigorange said:

False... As much as you would love for that to be true, only a handful of mass shootings have been committed by Muslims.

Muslim Attacks:

non Muslim Attacks:

Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine, Aurora, San Ysidro CA(McDonalds), Luby's Cafeteria, Sutherland Springs, University of Texas, Washington Naval Yard, Binghamton NY, Edmond, Ok, 

Don't forgot Charleston SC and Oak Creek Wisconsin which were done by racist white supremacists.

Can you read?  I wrote "MASS KILLINGS" not "mass shootings" as you falsely claimed I did.  Care to go back and reread what I wrote?

Muslim mass killings include Boston bombing, September 11 attacks, Fort Hood, San Bernardino...

Reading is fundamental.  Besides that, you missed my whole point, which is unsurprising given your history.

26 minutes ago, Gobigorange said:

Muslim Attacks:

non Muslim Attacks:

Seems like you got real through on the non muslim attacks, but skipped over a few of the muslim ones

9/11, Boston Marathon come easily to mind.  Plus, you conveniently ignored the muslim attacks around the world.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

Here is a convenient summary.

All time

Date Deaths Injuries
Totals: 20,706± 52,044±
1970s 244 180
1980s 657 303
1990s 1,049 7,757+
2000 38 44
2001 4,687 13,500+
2002 821 2,897+
2003 418 2,321+
2004 1,066 4,016+
2005 348 1,857+
2006 319 981
2007 621± 1,730±
2008 350+ 362+
2009 58 87+
2010 673+ 1,794+
2011 717+ 1,757+
2012 799+ 2423+
2013 768+ 1,839+
2014 2,120+ 1,046+
2015 3,108+ 3,445+
2016 1,413+ 2,959+
2017 466+ 998+

2 hours ago, dudel said:

Seems like you got real through on the non muslim attacks, but skipped over a few of the muslim ones

9/11, Boston Marathon come easily to mind.  Plus, you conveniently ignored the muslim attacks around the world.

He didn't say around the world. He said most mass killings in the US are done by Muslims which simply isn't true.

3 hours ago, fortyofforty said:

Can you read?  I wrote "MASS KILLINGS" not "mass shootings" as you falsely claimed I did.  Care to go back and reread what I wrote?

Muslim mass killings include Boston bombing, September 11 attacks, Fort Hood, San Bernardino...

Reading is fundamental.  Besides that, you missed my whole point, which is unsurprising given your history.

Yes, and what you wrote was factually incorrect. Most mass killings in the US are done by white males with mental issues. 

On 11/6/2017 at 10:43 AM, Gobigorange said:

Let's get back to the original nonsense, that I was highlighting.  Have you polled all gun owners to be able to make the claim that "Most gun owners start pointing fingers and throwing out conspiracy theories before even offering condolences"?  You made the claim.  Back it up.  Either that or choose to appear brainless.