America's Military: Rapidly Declining

Gunboat1

That statement pretty well covers it.

"Having an army of fat soldiers is a gigantic red flag. It’s a sign of a military that has grown soft, that is slacking on keeping its members at the peak of mental and physical readiness to protect the country. If the military is letting its physical expectations for soldiers slide, what other less visible things is it letting go to seed?"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Kinda calls the author's entire credibility into question for me.

For what it's worth..................

The first B-52, the XB-52, rolled out on 29 November 1951, and the first flight, by the second aircraft built, was on 15 April 1952. The initial production aircraft, the B-52A, was delivered to the Air Force a little over two years later, in June 1954, but only three of this model were built, none of which found their way to operational units.They were used as test beds for further type ..

• Thanks 1

yeah, but as long as they all feel good about themselves, isn't that what really matters?

after The Vietnam War the US Military was at its lowest point ever, similar in a lot of ways as it is today.

in under ten years following it we became the unmatched World superpower, we can do it again.

3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Bush 41  won the Gulf War in 100 hours. And had the highest approval rating probably ever.

try again

If Bush 41 won the gulf war in 1992, why did we have to go back for Saddam 11 years later?

if Bush 41 had the “highest approval rating probably ever” why did he lose his re-election bid?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pipedreams said:

For what it's worth..................

The first B-52, the XB-52, rolled out on 29 November 1951, and the first flight, by the second aircraft built, was on 15 April 1952. The initial production aircraft, the B-52A, was delivered to the Air Force a little over two years later, in June 1954, but only three of this model were built, none of which found their way to operational units.They were used as test beds for further type ..

While that's quite correct, the designation was not assigned because of the year it first flew, as the author stated. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

If Bush 41 won the gulf war in 1992, why did we have to go back for Saddam 11 years later?

if Bush 41 had the “highest approval rating probably ever” why did he lose his re-election bid?

I know you remember this;

the trash talking billionaire populist that promised to be the libertarian wet dream. Put every spending decision up for a popular vote online (which isn’t Constitutional at all) pay off the national debt, bought his own airtime. Pushed for military cuts, social cuts, government support employment ala FDR, sound familiar

he got 19 points in the election.almost entirely the right wing kook who bought his crap...Clinton won by six

things would have been a lot different had he not gone independent and sthu

8 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

As far as Saddam...the coalition was falling apart quickly. Personally I think many in the coalition isn’t like us much either, but Saddam worse. And we scared the hell out of them when we walked threw them like target practice

13 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Bush 41  won the Gulf War in 100 hours. And had the highest approval rating probably ever.

try again

Silly me and here I thought that the big push for EEO and pussifucation of the US Military began with Bush Daddy. It’s wasn’t like I was active duty during that time or anything’s...

6 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Silly me and here I thought that the big push for EEO and pussifucation of the US Military began with Bush Daddy. It’s wasn’t like I was active duty during that time or anything’s...

I was, the push after the Gulf was for force reduction. Voluntary separation, involuntary separation, overweight, dui, drug charges 

anything was a bar to reenlistment

maybe you just weren’t needed, silly you

the Peace Dividend was Clinton’s excuse to raid the budget

Edited by Dric902

1 hour ago, Fnfalman said:

AF was eat up with PC when I was  there in the 70s. Nothing new.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

He lost the election because H Ross Perot split the conservative vote which gave us Clinton. In his concession speech memory says “We accomplished what we set out to do.”

Eighty or so years earlier, Teddy Roosevelt split the Republican Party and ran for President under his Bull Moose banner thus giving the nation Woodrow Wilson. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

He lost the election because H Ross Perot split the conservative vote which gave us Clinton. In his concession speech memory says “We accomplished what we set out to do.”

Eighty or so years earlier, Teddy Roosevelt split the Republican Party and ran for President under his Bull Moose banner thus giving the nation Woodrow Wilson. 

Somebody read a book, rather than a meme

:460:>

• Like 1