Who Has Had The Vaccine?

Eric

3 hours ago, billkill said:

My dad (79) is in a nursing home, he cought Covid last October and received the vaccine Jan and Feb.

Three times in the past year he has had to spend several weeks in the hospital (2 of those life threatening) and I have not been allowed to see him face to face.

I don't care if Covid is or is not bull****, I don't care if the vaccine is or is not bull****...I just want to see my dad.

Mrs. BK and I will be getting our first one a week from Friday.

I want you to see your dad, BK. My 92 YO step-dad has been locked up in assisted living since last summer. We can only visit at the window, and we're both hard of hearing so talking on the phone is a PITA. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I want you to see your dad, BK. My 92 YO step-dad has been locked up in assisted living since last summer. We can only visit at the window, and we're both hard of hearing so talking on the phone is a PITA. :(

Thanks Gwalch.

They took his left leg this time last year. Between the amputation, subsequent doctor visits, and a bout of Covid that damn took his life, he was in isolation for almost 10 months.

10 months locked up like a criminal. And just like if he was a criminal, we could only see each other through a pane of glass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, billkill said:

Thanks Gwalch.

They took his left leg this time last year. Between the amputation, subsequent doctor visits, and a bout of Covid that damn took his life, he was in isolation for almost 10 months.

10 months locked up like a criminal. And just like if he was a criminal, we could only see each other through a pane of glass.

Been FaceTimeing five daughters and nine grandkids for three weeks or so. It sucks, a lot.

hang in there, I’m home with a O2 tube and everybody is treating me like glass (26 pounds lighter) but I can hug them.

it’s coming, be strong for all of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

good news for you, I hope soon.

Nursing home residents can get hugs again, feds say

WASHINGTON (AP) — Nursing home residents vaccinated against COVID-19 can get hugs again from their loved ones, and indoor visits may be allowed for all residents, the government said Wednesday in a step toward pre-pandemic normalcy.

The policy guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, or CMS, comes as coronavirus cases and deaths among nursing home residents have plummeted in recent weeks at the same time that vaccination accelerated. People living in long-term care facilities have borne a cruel toll from the pandemic. They represent about 1% of the U.S. population, but account for 1 in 3 deaths, according to the COVID Tracking Project.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-coronavirus-pandemic-medicaid-nursing-homes-medicare-6095d595d51ff44e86f17300858c9516

• Like 3

Possible Public Service Announcement:

I haven't been able to carry out a conversation on a telephone since they went wireless.  Something about the digital signal, a bit of delay, and my hearing deteriorating.  I've used iPhone models as my digital phone for years.  

So about a year ago I bought a pair of those AirPod Pro's.  Somehow (not by design, I just happened to be wearing them when a call came in) I used them while receiving a phone call.  AMAZING difference (for me).  It can actually seem like I'm in a real conversation with a distant person, for a change.  It's so different that when my children call they text first, advising me to put my AirPods in.  

I absolutely recommend them.  Only down side is the cost.  They aren't cheap.  But they are cheaper than hearing aids.

PSA is now over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, billkill said:

Thanks Gwalch.

We really need a "Disgusted" Icon...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

My company is now offering paid time off to get the shot,  and a free vacation day for those who "volunteer".

But my heart is so generous,  I'll continue to let others battle over my dose.

Should they have to do anything if the experimental shot is so great???   

Shouldn't people be fighting to get a place in line? and why are they not administering it 24x7?  They have over $1 trillion left from the first passage and much more fro the second....

Just wondering.  :)

• Like 2

My wife got her second yeaterday, I got my first the same day.

Now I'm supposed to get a covid test today but my appointments are running up to two a day and I missed my covid test today.  it's prior to my cataract surgery in a few days.

I have so many appointments scheduled for up to two a day I'm getting lost and missing one.

My wife got her second the day I got my first, two hours after I got a steroid shot in my shoulder for bursitis.

It's getting  so messed up I don't know from day to day what's needed to go to the next one.

I need the cataract surgery bad since I'm getting to where I have no contrast in my vision.  Everything is too white or too black.

I talked to my doctor when I got my steroid shot and told him I just didn't give a **** anymore about what shots I was getting, I just wanted to be able to walk into the eye surgery and go back for the other eye and piss on the virus!

I told him my wife of 62 years had gotten flu every year and many time she went into the hospital it was so bad.  I took care of her all these years and I never caught the flu.

I consider the covid another version of the flu and the only reason I will get shots for it is because the wife won't if I don't.

I don't believe I will get covid since it's a version of influenza and he agreed with me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

let see a rushed shot ,  lots of complications , alot not even being released  , my immune system is low from chemo , but i will pass on shot .  call me paranoid or  not i dont care , anything rushed  is not a good plan .   plus ive had 5 friends get different shots , they wanted to do a little test .   they all got different ones .  and  4 had headaches for days  i mean bad , arm sore and swollen for over a week , nausea,  one friend couldnt get off couch for 2 days  and he spits fire and goes ball out all the time . whopped his ass . the mederma got the worst  effects .  

if and when wayyyyyyyy down the road  they  get some of this **** fixed , maybe . but prolly not lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

My wife got her second yeaterday, I got my first the same day.

Now I'm supposed to get a covid test today but my appointments are running up to two a day and I missed my covid test today.  it's prior to my cataract surgery in a few days.

I have so many appointments scheduled for up to two a day I'm getting lost and missing one.

My wife got her second the day I got my first, two hours after I got a steroid shot in my shoulder for bursitis.

It's getting  so messed up I don't know from day to day what's needed to go to the next one.

I need the cataract surgery bad since I'm getting to where I have no contrast in my vision.  Everything is too white or too black.

I talked to my doctor when I got my steroid shot and told him I just didn't give a **** anymore about what shots I was getting, I just wanted to be able to walk into the eye surgery and go back for the other eye and piss on the virus!

I told him my wife of 62 years had gotten flu every year and many time she went into the hospital it was so bad.  I took care of her all these years and I never caught the flu.

I consider the covid another version of the flu and the only reason I will get shots for it is because the wife won't if I don't.

I don't believe I will get covid since it's a version of influenza and he agreed with me!

Get that cataract surgery done, it will be life changing.  Had it done a few years ago and dang near 20/20 for me.  Still need glasses to read tiny print but who don't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

JnJ shot for me tomorrow. Didn't want to get it, but I have to travel due to a family emergency. 

That's the one I'm considering getting.  Let me know if you die from it.

Dr. Campbell just covered the efficacy details from the trials on the JnJ one a couple days ago since it's about to roll out to the EU:

First 8 minutes of this video: Vaccine side effects - YouTube  (He talks slow, so I usually bump it up to 1.25x or 1.5x speed).

Safe travels and may God bless the family member(s) in need!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Get that cataract surgery done, it will be life changing.  Had it done a few years ago and dang near 20/20 for me.  Still need glasses to read tiny print but who don't. 

I’m once again contemplating cataract surgery. A few years ago I was to the point of being rolled into the surgical suite when my blood pressure spiked. They got me unhooked and out of that building really fast. 

I got the J&J single shot to day through a drive up. I feel fine. About as painful as a flu shot.

I was supposed to drive to a waiting area and sit for 20 minutes before leaving. I waited until the lady was telling the next guy to go where I was and wait 20 minutes then I drove off. Someone yelled at me. Should I expect a visit from the Vax Cops?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2