Who Has Had The Vaccine?

Eric

Moderna.

ONLY one in the house that has had it. I am the guinea pig.

Wife is immune compromised and has not had the shot, no thyroid, no chance of having more kids.  Daughter is 24, no kids yet. Decided NOT to get it for fertility reasons and possible affects on unborn kids. 

I'm very healthy but, figure I'm old enough to be higher risk. Wife doesn't travel. I do. 

Did I want to get the shots? Hell no! 

Weighed all risks and made the decision to get it based on my circumstances.

My employer offered an incentive to anyone that could show a vaccine card. I got one dose of Moderna, turned it into my employer for my bribe, and I never got a second dose. I'll need another bribe to get the 2nd dose.

Six months later, I tested positive for the virus. I never had the slightest symptoms from the virus, just a positive test. Go figure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eric said:

What I will not do is talk crap about people who made a different choice. What is the point?

Mid-term elections.  It's all political now.

Personally,  I've never asked anyone and no one has ever asked me.  No one in 1 1/2 years.  

Online, it's 101% political.  And every click makes someone money.

• Like 2

Had it done a while ago because it was work related.

That being said:  I guess I could have avoided it since i don't have much street level contact anymore.

But...with older parents....and friends at church....i waited long enough...no one i know grew three arms.

I felt crummy for about 24 hours after each shot.   Some sleep and lots of water helped.   Within almost exactly 24 hours all the issues went away.

I got it. Saw the writing on the wall. No shot, less flying. I had all the vaccinations in the AF. If the Anthrax vaccine didn't get me, I wasn't too worried about this. I don't like how companies are starting to tell people to get the shot, or you're fired. 

• Like 1

Mrs. G and I are just about over our bad cold. Started on 7/9 and had all the symptoms except a fever. She even had a little loss of taste/smell (no one on my side of the family has ever lost our ability to taste food...) Now we're back to the equivalent of seasonal sinus congestion and an occasional dry cough. 

Mrs. G had the vaxx, but I did not, so I'm not drawing any conclusions there. 

4 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Mrs. G and I are just about over our bad cold. Started on 7/9 and had all the symptoms except a fever. She even had a little loss of taste/smell (no one on my side of the family has ever lost our ability to taste food...) Now we're back to the equivalent of seasonal sinus congestion and an occasional dry cough. 

Thanks for sharing. Glad you're both doing well. Someday we may understand why this damned virus causes the bad cold symptoms in some like you, Mrs G, and me, causes the need for lung transplants in some, or tragic outcomes in others.

Before getting vaxed I had it and described it to friends as worse than a cold but not as bad as the flu. The loss of taste and smell was selective (couldn't taste meat) dragged on for months making me a member of the "Long haulers" group. Google it and see what a large group we are. More serious symptoms rightly get all the attention.

I got vaxed afterwards and felt suddenly better after the first Pfizer shot, like crap after the second. Others have reported similar. Looking forward to putting this all behind us.

Wishing you and the Mrs many happy healthy years ahead.

9 hours ago, G19Tony said:

I don't like how companies are starting to tell people to get the shot, or you're fired. 

100 percent.

We just received a notification from the HR that said...if you want to go to training, conferences, etc....you may be asked to prove you have the vax.  They would push it harder but...the gov in my state said they couldn't.  So the county will push it as long and hard as they can.  They would do another lock down if they could.   They have no sympathy towards the average person within the community.  

By the time i got it a billion and a half people had it...so either it works, doesn't work, but I'm sadly not going to grow a third arm.

Always thought that would be the greatest mutation ever.  You could hold a heavy box and open a door.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

100 percent.

We just received a notification from the HR that said...if you want to go to training, conferences, etc....you may be asked to prove you have the vax.  They would push it harder but...the gov in my state said they couldn't.  So the county will push it as long and hard as they can.  They would do another lock down if they could.   They have no sympathy towards the average person within the community.  

By the time i got it a billion and a half people had it...so either it works, doesn't work, but I'm sadly not going to grow a third arm.

Always thought that would be the greatest mutation ever.  You could hold a heavy box and open a door.

Just think… most of the petty tyrants at local city/county governments aspire to become bigger tyrants at the state level, while those at the state aspire to grow into federal level tyrants. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Just think… most of the petty tyrants at local city/county governments aspire to become bigger tyrants at the state level, while those at the state aspire to grow into federal level tyrants. 

I have worked for the feds, state, county and a city at one time or another.

Most of your locals are not good enough to function at a higher level.

13 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Based on data out of the UK (where they've been dealing with the India/Delta variant longer than we have), Delta tends to present more as a cold (headache, runny nose, sneezing, etc) rather than as a respiratory illness.  This is true in both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations.

FYI 

Whether that was the case for you or not, I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

Based on data out of the UK (where they've been dealing with the India/Delta variant longer than we have), Delta tends to present more as a cold (headache, runny nose, sneezing, etc) rather than as a respiratory illness.  This is true in both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations.

FYI 

Whether that was the case for you or not, I have no idea.

That's good.  Sorta like the FLU might be making a come back...  There's just TOO much CRAZY with all this ****...
"

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Historian said:

I have worked for the feds, state, county and a city at one time or another.

Most of your locals are not good enough to function at a higher level.

Some are not good enough to function at their attained levels.

“The Peter Principle”

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Some are not good enough to function at their attained levels.

“The Peter Principle”

No crap. Seriously.

If i started telling stories you'd buy me a bottle of Scotch.

Government is a mix of amazing people.  Amazingly bad.  Amazingly good.  The problem is the good generally gets Trumped by the bad.

• Like 1