Who Has Had The Vaccine?

Eric

This vaccine doesn’t prevent us from contracting the virus, nor spreading it further. Thus it falls in the category of the so called “leaky vaccines”. Not too long before the pandemic started there was quite an interesting article published in the medical press. Funny how little traction it is getting now. The information is out there though. It’s just getting mingled into the constant stream of fear and propaganda used by both the pro and anti vaccine crowd. The article is fairly short and easy to understand for everyone. Quite an eye opener and very well suited to educate yourself under the current circumstances. Remember, this was written before all this craziness started:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/leaky-vaccines-can-produce-stronger-versions-of-viruses-072715

Edited by Nestor
  • Thanks 4

The real problem is this... too many people on this rather small planet... its now too easy for any virus to spread... planning to have a bunch of kids these days isn't exactly smart.

"Funny" how this virus (like so many others) originated in Asia, the region with the strongest growth in population for the past 50 plus years.

World Population Growth - Our World in Data

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

The CCDC is now saying that 3' of social distancing is going to be ok.

Hell,  I've kept people farther away from me than that, for most of my like.

Same. Talking to a neighbor across the street is plenty close. Once a year. By saying "hi". And moving on quickly so he doesn't feel invited to carry on that conversation, let alone come closer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, crockett said:

Same. Talking to a neighbor across the street is plenty close. Once a year. By saying "hi". And moving on quickly so he doesn't feel invited to carry on that conversation, let alone come closer.

My favorite people to talk to are waiters and waitresses.  They have a vested interest in not being confrontational/political and simply providing light conversation.

I especially like the ones that introduce quips that add frivolity to the conversation.

I tipped a waitress $20 just because she leaned to my wife and said, "You just can't take them anywhere!".

My wife got a good laugh and so did the waitress.  She was a really nice person!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, GT4494 said:

But why use them if it isn't necessary??

Cells have been used for vaccines for many years. The vaccines made without cells are a new technology using mRNA to alter immune cells. What if the new method vaccines cause your pecker to fall off 5 years later? (So long old friend! We had a lot of fun together)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nestor said:

This vaccine doesn’t prevent us from contracting the virus, nor spreading it further. ...

This seems a little unclear to me.

If you mean that none of the several vaccines in use can guarantee an individual will be 100% protected from getting the virus then, yes, of course, I would agree with that.

However, as I understand the studies being done across substantial populations who have been vaccinated (Israel, Spain, etc.), the vaccines ARE showing reductions in getting the virus and in passing it along.  It may not guarantee that I personally would have that result, but the vaccines are preventing both contraction and spread across vaccinated populations.

4 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Cells have been used for vaccines for many years. The vaccines made without cells are a new technology using mRNA to alter immune cells. ...

Yes, fetal tissue cell lines have been used for many years in many different vaccines.  Yes, mRNA vaccines are a new alternative.  Those, however, are not the only alternatives.

Cell lines can be developed in other ways, and sometimes, prove more effective when they are.  For example, Merck's shingles shot is developed from a fetal tissue cell line.  GSK's shingles vaccine is not, but is developed using yeast and is more than twice as effective as Merck's vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crockett said:

The real problem is this... too many people on this rather small planet... its now too easy for any virus to spread... planning to have a bunch of kids these days isn't exactly smart.

"Funny" how this virus (like so many others) originated in Asia, the region with the strongest growth in population for the past 50 plus years.

We've always been at war with Oceania.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

This seems a little unclear to me.

If you mean that none of the several vaccines in use can guarantee an individual will be 100% protected from getting the virus then, yes, of course, I would agree with that.

However, as I understand the studies being done across substantial populations who have been vaccinated (Israel, Spain, etc.), the vaccines ARE showing reductions in getting the virus and in passing it along.  It may not guarantee that I personally would have that result, but the vaccines are preventing both contraction and spread across vaccinated populations.

Yes, fetal tissue cell lines have been used for many years in many different vaccines.  Yes, mRNA vaccines are a new alternative.  Those, however, are not the only alternatives.

Cell lines can be developed in other ways, and sometimes, prove more effective when they are.  For example, Merck's shingles shot is developed from a fetal tissue cell line.  GSK's shingles vaccine is not, but is developed using yeast and is more than twice as effective as Merck's vaccine.

This is taken from the CDC website dated March 8 2021:

Vaccinated people could potentially still get COVID-19 and spread it to others.

My argument about the so called "leaky vaccine" is pro-vaccination actually, however I have no doubts that many governments and their medical bodies are currently more focused on performing a PR stunt than addressing the real issue. I will take the vaccine if the government will follow the producers' recommendation when it comes to the time gap between the doses. It's not the case now. I'll also never take AstraZeneca as it's contracted out to many factories around the World and not really standardized (not to mention all the bed news around it and mixed messages about the target group that should or shouldn't take it).  Cheers!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Nestor said:

My argument about the so called "leaky vaccine" is pro-vaccination actually, however I have no doubts that many governments and their medical bodies are currently more focused on performing a PR stunt than addressing the real issue. I will take the vaccine if the government will follow the producers' recommendation when it comes to the time gap between the doses. It's not the case now. I'll also never take AstraZeneca as it's contracted out to many factories around the World and not really standardized (not to mention all the bed news around it and mixed messages about the target group that should or shouldn't take it).  Cheers!

mRNA vaccines are a new technology. The manufacturers are saying they will reduce chance of hospitalization or death. Some people MAY have a mild illness, or carry the virus in respiratory secretions, and it seems they're not ready to promise that will stop.

The difference is "Colonization" the cast of characters everybody carries on skin and in respiratory tract. vs "Infection." If the bad mojo gets out of control we have infection, AKA illness.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crockett said:

Understand Bill Gates and some of his billionaire buddies want to drastically reduce earth’s human population. 

9 hours ago, crockett said:

World’s number one disease vector is the 747 and its competitors. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nestor said:

I don't disagree with the CDC on that particular point.  The studies that have been done do indicate that vaccinated people can "potentially" still get the virus.  However, they seem to have a 70-93% better chance of not getting it.

2 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Please read the line underlined in red. New virus, new vaccines, new technology making them. We're still learning.

pfizer vax 001.jpg

Maybe MaineHealth is too busy making infographics to read up on the current studies.  I think we do know from the research that a smaller percentage of people who get the virus after vaccination can still be spreaders.  However, the rates of infection, hospitalization, ICU admission, and death are all greatly reduced in vaccinated populations, which keeps hospitals from being unnecessarily busy. 

The vaccines will probably help you.  But, no guarantees you won't be the exception to the rule. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2021 at 10:32 AM, crockett said:

Wonder which population demographics worldwide are growing and which shrinking. 

I received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine about two hours ago.  Only 28 more days until it fully kicks in.  I feel the nanobots kicking in already and the urge to join Bill Gates Legion of Doom is the all encompassing thought that drives me now.  Other than that, the injection spot isn't even sore.  I'm doing some pushups and curls to see if I can head any delayed soreness off at the pass.

My wife had her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Friday, and yesterday, after her fifteen mile bike ride, she looked a little wrung out and she didn't start perking up until the evening.  The injection site on her arm got a little sore.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I think the COVID is starting to fall out of the trees again...

Because we need more stimulus. $2T + $3T + $3T + $4T.....

Once they get this UBI rolling (and they already have) they'll never be able to take it away from the unwashed masses.

But it's OK.  Soo,n everyone will have learned to code,  and be working from home.  It's going to take a lot of coding for our Ministries to run healthcare, banking, environment, amazon fulfillment, social scoring and energy rationing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 months later...

I recently saw a middle-aged couple (both masked) in a supermarket,  and they were wearing their covid-vac card on a lanyard around their necks,  like a backstage pass.

I first thought it was a little funny,  then decided it was a bit sad.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I made up my own mind about getting vaccinated and I made my choice. If I made a mistake, it was mine to make and I will accept the consequences. What I will not do is talk crap about people who made a different choice. What is the point? 

15 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I recently saw a middle-aged couple (both masked) in a supermarket,  and they were wearing their covid-vac card on a lanyard around their necks,  like a backstage pass.

I first thought it was a little funny,  then decided it was a bit sad.

Wearing the card around your neck is about as silly as all the signs now saying that you can enter a business without a mask if You have been vaxxed. How the hell would they know? This whole situation has been circus. What the last year-and-a-half has revealed about the state of our society is damned discouraging.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1