Eric

Who Has Had The Vaccine?

I took the first shot today. The VA has had such an underwhelming response to its offering, that the have now removed all age and other eligibility restrictions. When I was there today, there were only fifteen or twenty people in the whole auditorium. 

I debated on whether to get the vaccine, but I finally decided to go for it. God knows I’ve put worse things into my body.

Anyone else get it yet?

• Like 6

Good, go for it

believe me, you don’t want this. It ain’t the flu.

• Like 2

Hell no I'm not gonna put a vaccine in my body that was rushed this quickly.  Maybe in another 10 years when all the bugs are worked out. 

• Like 6

<--NOPE.

I know a bunch of executives in the business.  Most are passing.  Only one that I know will even come close to the mRNA version.  They know how many years of clinicals everything else goes through.

• Like 7

You have to make your own decisions

but the hospital team and I are trying very hard not to die.

don’t underestimate, this isn’t the topic for it

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ramjet38 said:

I've had both doses.  Which one did you get? I got the Moderna.

Pfizer-Biontech. The extra fingers and second ass are growing in nicely.:biggrin:

I had a bit of a headache afterward, but nothing of any account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I haven't yet. Pretty sure I've used up my IgG antibodies since being sick in July, but still hoping there is some cell memory immunity. 

I'd really like to give this thing a little more time- let's see what it does for a larger sample size over longer time. 

Pretty sure I'll wind up getting the vaccine sometime later this year, though.

• Like 1

Not by what I've heard is in the damn thing.  POSSIBLY in a year...if I'm still alive by then....

• Like 2

Nope.  I've volunteered as a lab rat for the BLSA for the last 20+ years.  That's all the experimenting on me I'll allow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

:mememe:

# 2 will be this Friday. 
So far, my legs are longer, my boobs bigger, I have less of a tolerance for alcohol yet a real thirst. Thinking about getting a third. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

I did. Maderna. I had the COVID in November. Had all the symptoms, but not to bad. Not hospitalized. The worst part was being locked in my man cave away from my wife. My first shot sucked. Got flu like symptoms for 36 hours. The second shot was worse. Worse flu like symptoms for 36 hours. And damn did my shoulder hurt after both. But, I want to see my Dad in Florida, so I got it. My wife(ER nurse) got hers too. She got mild flu symptoms after each of hers.

But I understand those who don’t want it. To each there own. But you can’t predict how the Corona is gonna hit you. Younger and healthier guys on my department got wrecked by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

# 2 will be this Friday. 
So far, my legs are longer, my boobs bigger, I have less of a tolerance for alcohol yet a real thirst. Thinking about getting a third. 

Do I have a helluva anctedote for you....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

# 2 will be this Friday. 

hey girl heeeeey

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

# 2 will be this Friday. 

Fantastic.  If i grew boobs i'd have a reason never to leave the house!

Edited by Historian
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

I haven't yet. Pretty sure I've used up my IgG antibodies since being sick in July, but still hoping there is some cell memory immunity. 

I'd really like to give this thing a little more time- let's see what it does for a larger sample size over longer time. 

Pretty sure I'll wind up getting the vaccine sometime later this year, though.

I've heard that someone who gets the 'vid (mild or severe) and lets it run it's course,  will have greater immunity than someone that gets diagnosed and is immediately put on curative treatment.

Any truth to this?

(The doctor said it was definitely the case when I had lyme disease.  I.immediately diagnosed it and immediately went on antibiotics and can, therefore, get it again.)

• Like 1

I recently lost all sense of taste a few month ago. I bought a Justin Bieber CD and told bad jokes.

Edited by Duluth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Duluth said:

I recently lost all sense of taste a few month ago. I bought a Justin Bieber CD and told bad jokes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've heard that someone who gets the 'vid (mild or severe) and lets it run it's course,  will have greater immunity than someone that gets diagnosed and is immediately put on curative treatment.

Any truth to this?

(The doctor said it was definitely the case when I had lyme disease.  I.immediately diagnosed it and immediately went on antibiotics and can, therefore, get it again.)

What do you remember better- a scuffle in middle school, or that one time you got your ass soundly beat? Our bodies are wonderfully made, and remember the real ass-beatings better, as well. In addition to building immunoglobulin antibodies, we also have cells that remember what attacked us in the past. So even if the antibodies start to fade over time, the grandpa cells tell the grandkid cells about the time they got their asses beat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

# 2 will be this Friday. 

How YOU doing?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Duluth said:

Soylent Brown really will be a siht sammich.

• Haha 2

Got my 2nd shot last Thursday.  Pfizer.  Had a headache in the p.m. and was a little achy but by the next day felt fine.  

• Like 3

I'm an ""anti-vaxxer"". Not because I suspect any intentional harm towards the general public, but I became very picky with everything that enters my body. Never got a flu shot either. I expect my immune system to deal with these issue on its own.

That perspective may only change at high age, but I wouldn't count on it.

And when it comes to covid, I don't trust anything that is being pushed on mainstream media or by the WHO. I will just watch and talk to people I personally know, see how it goes, and make up my own mind.

My exposure is very low. I live alone and every time I get close to any people I wear a proper N95 respirator. If I touch anything that was potentially handled by anybody in the past few days, I use sanitizing handwipes or wash my hands properly.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2