The snowpocalypse/snowmagedon

Sparks

Did you get the snow that the news called for?  Up here in north east Ohio the news was calling for fourteen inches.  We got two.  The only thing a foot deep is the sensationalized bullcrap hype.  How overblown was the forecast for your area?

Edited by Sparks
  • Like 4

We were supposed to get 10-12".  We got  half that, I think, measuring by the increase on my deck (it already had 6" on it, and now it has a foot).  I'm never impressed by the weather forecasts anymore, they are so exaggerated they are a joke.

Edited - ok, I guess we got a bit more, because the deck is protected from the wind - there was a foot of snow in front of the front door when my husband went to leave for work.  Of course, that side is the side that the wind blows the snow against the house... so who really knows now what the exact amount is?

Edited again - so maybe there was a bit more snow in front than it looked like.  The husband couldn't get his car up the driveway, so he had to take my 4WD truck to work.  Also, the snow in the yard overtopped my knee high boots, which is twice as high as yesterday.  

Edited by Mrs.Cicero
I looked out a different side of the house, lol edited again because we couldn't get the car out of the driveway, rofl
  • Like 2

I finished the 2nd week of a 4 week horse show on Sunday just as the weather turned bad. Bad enough that I stayed in my RV instead of driving home for my two days off. The next morning the world was shut down for a little slippery stuff on the roads, but he horse folks saw it as an opportunity.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 4.57.13 PM.png

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was -10° here in Okieland this morning.  We were first projected before the snow started to get 10-15 inches, and an additional 3 inches Tuesday night.  In reality we got about 5-6 inches with drifts of about a foot, and supposed to get another 4-6 tonight.  Who knows what we'll really get, but they usually always over predict.

• Like 1

When they said 3" we got 8". They call for  ice storms and 6" we got a dusting. I wish I could have been that far off when I was working and still get full pay. Really? tom. :dunno:

And we still got that 4-6 inches coming Thursday and Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, pittpa said:

And we still got that 4-6 inches coming Thursday and Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, no kidding. It might cancel  Friday's breakfast with the Old Bastages Club get together. tom. 

Edited by deputy tom
  • Thanks 1

I want to name a snowplow Plowy McPlowface.  (MDOTis taking names for 8 of their plows, and then they'll let everyone vote on for the favorites.  We are so bored, can you tell?) You can actually look on the live map and see where the plows are at any particular moment.  Kzoo had all the plows last time I looked. 

Edited by Mrs.Cicero
  • Haha 5

Pittsburgh cancelled the annual Polar Bear Plunge this year. Two policemen and a special olympian did the water balloon pop on shore, then the fire boat hosed them down  ( not including the special kid) a lot. It was the Chief and my buddy Carlos the bomb squad guy. tom.

• Like 1

18” on the deck. 22”+ in the yard. 

My little dog is only is only about 17” tall. I had to shovel the deck, stairs and a part of the yard so they could go poop. 

Looking out the front I can’t even see that there is a road between me and my neighbors. But it’s just a good heavy storm for us. We really need the water.