New CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer

CalmerThanYou

Ordered one up today.  Chose the 16.5" threaded barrel.  I want to get a good scope, but for now a 6x Primary Arms ACSS 22LR is going to have to do, as I have had one laying around.

Will be in next week.  I will post up a range review after I get it.  Pretty excited, as I wanted something to keep me happy at my indoor range over the winter.  Should be good a low cost, practice option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was forced indoors to give my new CZ a try.  Weather here in Wisco is cold and windy today.  Being limited to 25 Yrds kind of sucked, but it did allow me to dial in the temporary scope and get a feel for the gun.

The overall quality is superb.  The Manners composite stock is perfect, depending on how you like the pre-school cammo paint job.  I am fine with it.  The bolt action is a bit stiff, some repeated dabs of oil helped, but I think it needs some break-in, as it was feeling better at the end of my 100 round outing.

The trigger is decent.  feels like a crisp 3Lbs +/-  I will likely look into a after market trigger down the road.

Accuracy at 25 Yrds was super tight using a front bag rest and standing.  By best 5 shot group was literally a 1 shot hole, which impressed me with the fairly crappy 6x scope.  Granted 25 Yrds is no measure, and I hope to get it outside to shoot 50 and 100 Yrds. soon.  I will probably wait to get out 100+ until I obtain a new optic.  The 5 round mag. is ok, but I have three 10 rounders on order.

I want to put a nice scope on it, I think the quality of the gun deserves something decent+  Any advice on that is welcome.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...