Crockett's Food Emporium

crockett

44 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

THAT might be a "Jello" I'd eat.  You make that?

No. A friend. She is going through a nasty divorce. Her husband still lives in the house. He has dictated that ALL the food that was in the house when he filed is his. This is illegal and she has documented it. She needs to now buy her own food. 

On the up side she figured she could finally make things she likes to eat but never cooks because he is diabetic. He eats anything but she has tried for years to cook what he needs. It doesn’t matter because he eats like a pig when he is away from home and sneaks sweets in anyway. 

So now she is making sweets for herself
and the kids. The problem is he eats most of it. So she makes a double portion. One for her and the kids which he eats, and one for my wife. 

We send the 9X9 pan back with something else, which he eats. She sent Jello, I’m sending brownies back. To her. Which he will eat. All the while not letting her eat anything he bought or they bought together before he filed. Which violates Rule 109 of Utah Divorce Code And she documents everything per her attorneys advice. 

Did I mention he is severely diabetic. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

He sounds like a piece of work.  Still, some incredible lookin Jello.

You take each flavor, divide in two, add sour cream to half. Pour one half in a pan and chill. Then the other half. Repeat with the next flavor. 

• Thanks 1

Vietnamese carmel pork belly over jasmine rice, topped with scallions, house sprouted Chinese red radish micro greens, and chile threads, with house pickled daikon, onions, and peppers.  Green papya salad with dried scallops, dried shrimp, beans, tomato, and house made pork rinds.

IMG_4782.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Vietnamese carmel pork belly over jasmine rice, topped with scallions, house sprouted Chinese red radish micro greens, and chile threads, with house pickled daikon, onions, and peppers.  Green papya salad with dried scallops, dried shrimp, beans, tomato, and house made pork rinds.

IMG_4782.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

Damn. I'll be right over.

**** it, I move in!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

IMG_4787.JPG.2a012efddb708af031554301351850d5.JPG

Had a monster reverse sear porterhouse to say effewe to Goobernor Jared Polis of CO.

Had to pull that one up.

"Governor Polis recently signed a proclamation declaring March 20 a day everyone should go without eating meat--instead urging people to opt for plant-based foods. The proclamation dubbed the day ‘Meat-out Day.’"

I just had a big Caprese salad, otherwise I'd join you with a filet mignon steak out of my freezer.

How can people be so retarded that they vote for shits like that?! Why would ANYBODY want a governor telling them what they should eat? ******* low IQ losers.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, crockett said:

Had to pull that one up.

"Governor Polis recently signed a proclamation declaring March 20 a day everyone should go without eating meat--instead urging people to opt for plant-based foods. The proclamation dubbed the day ‘Meat-out Day.’"

I just had a big Caprese salad, otherwise I'd join you with a filet mignon steak out of my freezer.

How can people be so retarded that they vote for ****s like that?! Why would ANYBODY want a governor telling them what they should eat? ****ing low IQ losers.

Yeah, that's why I left CO.  Incidentally, Gov. Pete Ricketts of Nebraska, instituted Meat on the Menu Day in response to the fudge packing governor of CO's silliness.  Additionally, Gov. Ricketts called it a direct attack on the Nebraska way of life.

• Like 1

I own a pot set that I use for boiling things for the most part. When I bought it well over 10 years ago I was sure that it was made in France, by Tefal. When a pot started emitting some material from the stainless steel recently I had a closer look and found out that I was working with T-Fal pots, made in ******* China!

Man do I hate this fake ass **** made in China. Only God knows what this pot set was releasing over the years! Every time I clean this pot it shows some dusty patches a day later, which can be wiped away.

Anyways, these days I'm only buying German, Switzerland, Japan and US made products, unless its electronics and I can't avoid any parts coming from shithole China.

I searched for a while online, for a new and quality pot set, made in Germany, and stumbled over a great sale.

If you are in need for a good stainless steel pot set, this may be an option for you as well:

https://www.fissler.com/us/products/product-detail/original-profi-collection-5-piece-set-with-glass-lid-and-conical-pan/

1582240531AST_ECOM_SA_123058.jpg

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

Wait until May and June then start searching your local classified websites for All-Clad. 

Young brides register for it but don’t learn how to cook on stainless and they just clean it in the dishwasher. In a couple months all the spring brides have mineral encrusted pans they hate. They dump them for pennies on the dollar. Clean them with Barkeepers Friend and you are good to go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crockett said:

I own a pot set that I use for boiling things for the most part. When I bought it well over 10 years ago I was sure that it was made in France, by Tefal.

Dude...I'm still cookin in surgical, stainless steel pots We bought over MANY years ago, from a dude back in 73, that came to our house and cooked us dinner, with all them pots stacked on the stove!!!  Think they were like 300 bucks...back then.  Damn good buy I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Wait until May and June then start searching your local classified websites for All-Clad. 

Young brides register for it but don’t learn how to cook on stainless and they just clean it in the dishwasher. In a couple months all the spring brides have mineral encrusted pans they hate. They dump them for pennies on the dollar. Clean them with Barkeepers Friend and you are good to go. 

Even All-Clad started outsourcing some lines to China, found that little detail when doing my research a couple days ago, and I don't buy used.