Crockett's Food Emporium

crockett

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, crockett said:

I wish my gallbladder would agree with this fatty bomb. Cramps incoming in 30 minutes lol

Yeah, I spend more time looking at pictures of my favorite foods than eating them, these days. 

4 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Sourdough English muffins for breakfast sammiches.  The extras will end up as eggs Benedict tomorrow. I think the yeast was dead. Didn't find any fresh yeast, only this dry active crap.

Looking much better than the Berliners I tried last weekend. I think the yeast was dead. Didn't find any fresh yeast, only this dry active crap.

20210112_210012.jpg?width=2760&height=1242

20210112_211855.jpg?width=2760&height=1242

20210112_214256.jpg?width=2760&height=12

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 7:37 PM, crockett said:

Along the lines of Silentpoet's Music Forum I'll be posting some of the meals I prep in this thread.

Feel free to add your own photos!

Grilled chicken breast, sauce Bernaise and Aioli (Garlic Mayo) on the side.

1.jpg

I need to be alone...after this.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, crockett said:

Looking much better than the Berliners I tried last weekend. I think the yeast was dead. Didn't find any fresh yeast, only this dry active crap.

20210112_210012.jpg?width=2760&height=1242

20210112_211855.jpg?width=2760&height=1242

20210112_214256.jpg?width=2760&height=12

Bummer.  I'd still eat 'em.  I use a lot of yeast.  I buy the Sam's/Costco sized bags.  The sourdough starter though, is old.  So, old I don't even remember when I hatched it.

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

What are you??? A friggin chef or something?  I'm tellin ya...she's comin, and you can't afford her!!!

I'm just passionate about food. My mom was a really bad cook when I was a kid, so I started fixing my own meals early on.

I used to cook really comprehensive meals but got tired of driving around half a day for the ingredients. Your average city in the US is very limited compared to markets in Europe.

Some scampi pasta in a cream garlic sauce from the other day...

image.png.bd78b5185e2cd6b752c6ea22c1781669.png 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steinbrenner said:

Never seen those before, they look a bit like Johnny cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berliners are somewhat like doughnuts with a jelly filling, no hole and much lighter. Mine turned out indeed like a flatbread.

www.hahdough.0.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, crockett said:

I'm just passionate about food. My mom was a really bad cook when I was a kid, so I started fixing my own meals early on.

I used to cook really comprehensive meals but got tired of driving around half a day for the ingredients. Your average city in the US is very limited compared to markets in Europe.

Some scampi pasta in a cream garlic sauce from the other day...

image.png.bd78b5185e2cd6b752c6ea22c1781669.png 

Next time ya make that, try it with Argentinian Red Shrimp.  They are Amazing!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steinbrenner said:

I found those at Costco and they’re way better than any other shrimp I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They Truly Are.  I get BAGS of them at Bar Harbor Seafood here in  Orlando.  I'll never eat anything but them again unless I can get some Royal Reds with the heads on.  Those are Amazing too!!

"Fishermen must venture far and deep to find the prize shrimp known as Royal Reds. Their range stretches from Massachusetts all the way to French Guiana, but sweet spots run along the Gulf from the Florida Panhandle to the Mississippi coast, in deep cool waters between 800 and 1,500 feet down.

• Like 1