Time for another whatcha readin’ thread...

railfancwb

I’ve lately been reading mostly digital books on my iPhone. Several Louis L’Amour titles: Last of The Breed, Haunted Mesa, Iron Marshal, and started Sitka.

Before these I read three mysteries in hardback by Rita Mae Brown. 

Earlier I read digital copies of some Hardy Boys and Tom Swift titles. Think today these are classed as Young Adult books.

Have the entire Hornblower Saga by C S Forester in PDF awaiting my attention. Also digital copies of various titles by various science fiction authors.

Seems lately I’m choosing the literary equivalent of comfort food in books.

My local library has been closed to browsing since the COVID mess started, which has dampened My sense of adventure. 

• Like 1

I've actually been reading The Communist Manifesto.  It takes me a long while to read a book because I only read in bed and I only get a handful of pages in before I conk out.

I figure if I learn to say the right thing at the right time,  I'll get insulated pants and an extra pair of socks.

• Like 1

I have page markers in more books than I'd like to admit.

• The Federalist Papers
  • Vagabond (Book 2 of the Grail Quest series by Bernard Cornwell)
  • Empire of the Summer Moon- S.C. Gwynne
  • ...... and on deck ..... Bernard Cornwell's Warlord (the final installment in the 13 book Saxon series)

I'm regressing back to my childhood, rereading books that I read when I was a member of the Weekly Reader Book Club.  Seeking comfort in troubling times.

The Secret Garden, High Country Adventure, Wild Pony Island, The Secret Raft, The House of Secrets, etc.

• Like 1