Ultimate Watch Thread II

crockett

16 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

52FA1A8C-8ACD-42F1-A426-EB23EBB5CDBE.jpeg

Now that's a great match! Haven't had cognac in years.

I saw a plane jane datejust steel some 2 years ago at Costco and was like "Naw, I want the Pepsi only". Could have easily flipped it but I guess I left my brain at home that day. Next day it was obviously gone. The only steel I saw on display in the past 4 or 5 years.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 5:22 PM, tadbart said:

None, personally. All just folklore and fearmongering from Uncle Cooter and his drinkin/huntin buddies, I presume.

I’ve seen more bobcats, aka “souped up house cat”, the last decade or two than phone booths.  That may be indicative of the success rate in shaving said bobcats ass.  

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I told "my" AD that he can remove me from that Pepsi list. Not even interested in flipping it when my number comes up.

Rolex could have long adjusted to this ongoing increase in demand but they rather try to push a high demand luxury narrative in order to elevate their brand and the hype on it. Reminds me of some commie **** where people have to wait 10 years plus for a very basic car. Unless you bend over at your AD for a ass-**** by first buying a bunch of other crap you never rally wanted, just so you move up on the damn idiot list. Or pay their grey market flippers.

That's not my style. I was able to retire at age 40 because I'm a deal hunter with everything I do. Paying 20k on the grey market for a steel watch with a design that is 70 years old is pretty backwards.

At this point I'd feel dirty walking around with a new Rolex. Its more a sign of falling for fake hype than anything else.