Ultimate Watch Thread II

crockett

17 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Still wearing a 36 year old Rolex Sub every day absolutely no glow left on the phosphorus but I’d like to find a nice bright tritium watch. I’ve look at a few. Any suggestions?  

Can't beat deep blue for tritium and price

• Like 1

Oh man! great thread (again)! 

Current lineup include a Rolex Sub 14060 and a Marathon TSAR. (Hats off to colleagues here!)

Up next, that Sinn has been on my list for while. It's about time.

Gotta send the Sub off to the RSC in Dallas because I cracked the pip. Probably banged it against a doorframe. Grrrr.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Current lineup include a Rolex Sub 14060 and a Marathon TSAR. (Hats off to colleagues here!)

Gotta send the Sub off to the RSC in Dallas because I cracked the pip. Probably banged it against a doorframe. Grrrr.

if looking at buying a Sinn U1   try to find one to try first .  i always wanted one ,got one  few years ago and flipped it ,  very let down .  it was to light for me 

but here is something i must have  TIGHT BEZEL .  i wore the sinn for 2 months  and the bezel had play in it , after contacting sinn i thought it was defective  

but was told it was made that way .  it just urked me ,  if only it had a good lock up bezel  it was keeper ,.  but wasnt mean to be .  

just like i like the look of bronze  but always flipped them , i had  one with meteorite dial .  reall nice .  but after owning 3 or four i flipped them all lol 

This subject has been on my mind for some time now.  I was a high end watch guy for years.  My wife has her share as well and the snazziest one of the lot.

Neither of us as worn one in the past year.  Neither of my kids wants them.  So, I guess I'll sell them all at some point.

14 hours ago, ASH said:

if looking at buying a Sinn U1   try to find one to try first .  i always wanted one ,got one  few years ago and flipped it ,  very let down .  it was to light for me 

but here is something i must have  TIGHT BEZEL .  i wore the sinn for 2 months  and the bezel had play in it , after contacting sinn i thought it was defective  

but was told it was made that way .  it just urked me ,  if only it had a good lock up bezel  it was keeper ,.  but wasnt mean to be .  

just like i like the look of bronze  but always flipped them , i had  one with meteorite dial .  reall nice .  but after owning 3 or four i flipped them all lol 

Sound advice, Sir. The Sub is about perfect. The Marathon is an absolute TANK. I might be very distracted by an ultralight watch.  I'll find one to test drive.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, tadbart said:

I'll let a couple photos do the talking :)

image.png.fb41d8aec931997b3d2ad7f7f7792442.png

image.png

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:10 PM, Batesmotel said:

Still wearing a 36 year old Rolex Sub every day absolutely no glow left on the phosphorus but I’d like to find a nice bright tritium watch. I’ve look at a few. Any suggestions?  

JIANIANHUA Watch Super Luminous Tritium Men Military Sapphire Deep Diving Level Men's Outdoor Watches 2021 - US $281.6 (lightinthebox.com)

Mine in green glow  was $100.  My wife's in Pink glow was $200.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2021 at 8:10 PM, Batesmotel said:

Who is doing your 7-10 year servicing?

11 minutes ago, Rellik said:

Who is doing your 7-10 year servicing?

I only had it serviced once. Broke a mainspring about 10 years ago. Had it totally rebuilt including a new bracelet. The old links had almost worn through the pins. This thing gets very dirty.

I used Mount Olympus Clock Shop in Salt Lake. The owner was Rolex trained and certified. Real master craftsman on old clocks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Richard Mille watch

Bit to much for my taste

412809265_RichardMillewatch.jpg.d6d2673f6e5d5206e515cd6e31f7dd01.jpg

https://www.richardmille.com/collections?gender=men

Piece of art for sure, but when I can't read the time with a glimpse due to a busy dial, the entire idea of wearing a watch is out of the window for me.

And I'm not a big fan of jewelry. I don't care to wear anything that necessarily screams money or for attention. Hence why I like tool watches and divers.

Heck, I walk around in Wal Mart $5 t-shirt and $18 cargo shorts all year long, until they show holes. All my business attire went to Goodwill when I retired 8 years ago.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, crockett said:

Piece of art for sure, but when I can't read the time with a glimpse due to a busy dial, the entire idea of wearing a watch is out of the window for me.

And I'm not a big fan of jewelry. I don't care to wear anything that necessary screams money or for attention. Hence why I like tool watches and divers.

Heck, I walk around in Wal Mart $5 t-shirt and $18 cargo shorts all year long, until they show holes. All my business attire went to Goodwill when I retired 8 years ago.

Agree, I want something that I can tell  the time at a glance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I had a Carnival, it was very nice.

but the Marathon is brighter and tough as heck

I don't have any regrets about brightness.  I use mine in the middle of the night to walk to the bathroom in the dark.

My wife has one, as I said, my second oldest daughter has one and I have one and they have been rugged a reliable for the 5 or 6 years we have been wearing them.

I'm sur the Marathon is a good watch too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I don't have any regrets about brightness.  I use mine in the middle of the night to walk to the bathroom in the dark.

My wife has one, as I said, my second oldest daughter has one and I have one and they have been rugged a reliable for the 5 or 6 years we have been wearing them.

I'm sur the Marathon is a good watch too.

Marathons are tank tough, I beat mine up a lot at work.

they are also expensive

the Carnivals are great watches

• Like 1

What are you watch guys thoughts on that Casio G Shocks, the GG B100 in particular.

I had a couple decent watches way back when I was in the military, so long ago I couldn't tell you what they were.

I am real interested in the compass function.

Edited by Bogart

47 minutes ago, Bogart said:

What are you watch guys thoughts on that Casio G Shocks, the GG B100 in particular.

I had a couple decent watches way back when I was in the military, so long ago I couldn't tell you what they were.

I am real interested in the compass function.

I like the Mudmaster and the functions work great. I just have a problem with a clustered dial. My aging eyes can't see small numbers anymore and I don't want to walk around with my reading glasses all the time. If that's not an issue for you, go for it!

bg.jpg?v=1906

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:05 PM, Dric902 said:

Marathons are tank tough, I beat mine up a lot at work.

they are also expensive

the Carnivals are great watches

join watch forum   watchuseek  ,  i get great deals there  ,  i got a almost new tsar  sterlie dial  for 350 few years ago ,   and a jsar for 400 .    but be careful  you will addicted and see alot of watches you and lol

• Like 1