Jump to content
Batesmotel

Strange air traffic?

Recommended Posts

Anyone seeing/hearing unusual military air traffic?

Sounds like F35s low fast and loud right over the city and I didn’t see nav lights. They don’t do this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salt Lake City. We have F16s and F35s just north at Hill AFB but they don’t overfly us often. When they do it is for ceremony flyovers. Not the angry sound they made tonight. Lots of people went out to look. It sounded like the day after 9-11. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know the guard is mobilizing for the inauguration just in case.  

An A-10 will quickly cure any riots that happen.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been strangly quiet and free of C-17 traffic. I live off the end of the runway for one of the two MAC bases that use them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tadbart said:

Interesting. Wonder what's going on?

Part of creating a crisis to justify draconian measures????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Peng said:

We know the guard is mobilizing for the inauguration just in case.  

An A-10 will quickly cure any riots that happen.

Shooting of the citizens by the military is always a good option........... According to Biden!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Anyone seeing/hearing unusual military air traffic?

Sounds like F35s low fast and loud right over the city and I didn’t see nav lights. They don’t do this. 

i live by MKE and the 128th Air Refueling Wing and they are coming and going more often, i Assume its for Inauguration reasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live right by FT Wainwright i can see the helicopters take off and come back they started last night around 7pm still going in and out at 10 this morning. Its starting to get annoying listening to them. 10 below they let them run for about 30 minutes before leaving. Headed out towards  chena hot springs road. Do believe they have some training site out there. Nothing from Eilson where they got jets though. Not that we have any thing to riot about around here except gas going up 10 cents overnight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than those little drones that hover over my property, and then follow me around town, not much.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hook said:

I live right by FT Wainwright i can see the helicopters take off and come back they started last night around 7pm still going in and out at 10 this morning. Its starting to get annoying listening to them. 10 below they let them run for about 30 minutes before leaving. Headed out towards  chena hot springs road. Do believe they have some training site out there. Nothing from Eilson where they got jets though. Not that we have any thing to riot about around here except gas going up 10 cents overnight.

I have to deal with the choppers running to the platforms here. Some days are worse than others depending on weather. How cold and which way the breeze is blowing. They are louder when it's colder, and when the breeze is out of the northwest it's like they are next door. Then you have the cowboy pilots that think buzzing through at housetop level is cool. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The county airport is only several crow-miles away,  and there are occasionally a couple of biplanes that buzz around here.  They make a very distinctive drone. 

But,  you don't hear them and look up,  you hear them and look up thirty minutes later.  It takes them ten minutes to fly over our house.  They are usually very low.  Sometimes they wave back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger that.  Much unusual .mil air traffic past several days.  The sporty versions have extra tanks slung and armament.  This is not something we normally see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't need locked and loaded military aircraft for any unrest in Washington.

But that "vanishing" Malaysian passenger jet is going to turn up one of these days.

Just sayin'....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...